Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Short ribs going on for Friday. help plzz-z

Options
2»

Comments

• jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I'm doing my first short ribs now although they are the single bone. Can't wait, should be done soon. Yours looks good.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • AUCE
    AUCE Posts: 890
    Options
    jls9595 said:
    I'm doing my first short ribs now although they are the single bone. Can't wait, should be done soon. Yours looks good.
    Gettin there....good luck

I would much rather be able to say I was glad I did than wished I had........

XL owner and purveyor of pallette perfection...

Homosassa....Mecca of Florida

• AUCE
    Options
    Ahhh yesssss mini little chickadee

• AUCE
    Options

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Looks great from here..Nice touch with the fork.. What's your opinion..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Looks great! What liquid did you have with the green beans for the braise? I really like the tip from Kenji at Serious Eats to add some acid (Apple Cider Vinegar) when braising green beans.
    http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/11/bacon-braised-green-bean-recipe.html

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks great, big cap o fat on those.   How'd they taste?  Tenderness?
    Options
    Beans S&P..water. the taste was killer and they were pretty tender....btw...momma requested no smoke. Thus...
    Still had a pretty smoke ring though.. Rockwood lump
    They stalled at 160...weird...I think the pan with water beans and carrots may have contributed.  Will allow more time in the future. They went 8 and we're still at 160 for well over an hour so I cheated. Wrapped em in foil and ramped her up for the finish. The natives were getting restless and threatening to eat the cat.
    I'll definately do them again allowing more time. Good eats. Thanks guys.

• lensegg
    lensegg Posts: 35
    Options
    This was absolutely great!

Moroccan spiced short ribs

BBQ, BEEF

prep 5 minutes ∙ makes 6 servings ∙ source Chicagotribune.com

INGREDIENTS

• 4 long strips (3 1/2 to 4 pounds) short rib
    • 1 tablespoon each: light brown sugar, ground cumin
    • 1 teaspoon each: ground turmeric, ground thyme, ground cinnamon
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
    • 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, optional
    • 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
    • 1/3 cup hot water

DIRECTIONS

1 Place meat in a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, cumin, turmeric, thyme, cinnamon, salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper until well combined. Rub the spice mix all over all sides of the meat. Cover the pan with plastic wrap; refrigerate, at least 8 hours or overnight.2 Sear the ribs. On an outdoor grill, heat the grill to high, 550 to 600 degrees. Sear each side until the meat releases from the grate on its own, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Return the ribs to the baking pan. To sear on the stovetop, heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat; brown the meat on all sides.cComments
    Got something to say? Start the conversation and be the first to comment.
    ADD A COMMENT 
    3 Combine the barbecue sauce and water in a small bowl; pour it over the meat. Season with pepper to taste. Cover the pan with aluminum foil; bake in a 325-degree oven, 2 1/2 hours. To serve, cut the ribs into 3-inch pieces. If you cook the ribs in advance, cool before covering and storing in the fridge. Before reheating, remove the fat from the top of the ribs; heat in a 350-degree oven, 35 minutes.

NOTES

8 hours or overnight

Marinate: 8 hours or overnight

Sent from Paprika Recipe Manager