Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Unofficial April Throwdown

Options
NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
edited March 2015 in EggHead Forum
Here we are again. It's official Spring is here for most people. And as promised comes the Throwdown. I'm gonna make this as short and sweet as possible. The theme is Greek Cuisine. I recommend thinking outside the box.  Egg must be the primary cooking vessel. 
Rules:  5 pics are allowed. Please limit to phone pics. 
#1» ingredients
#2»prep
#3»egging/cooking
#4»plated (2 pics allowed)

The throwdown starts at 1201 am ET, Monday, March 30th thru midnight ET, Sunday April 5th.
Voting begins directly after throwdown deadline and ends midnight ET Wednesday, April 8th. One vote per egger only please. 
The winner will receive one bottle of A Frame Sauce and a choice of one of three rubs (the sauce and rub are both from local companies).
I will NOT be participating. I will also only vote if it comes down to a tie breaker. 
****Please use this thread for comments, questions etc and not on the official Throwdown Thread which I will start momentarily.****

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Five allowed or 5 needed?  How about collages?  Phone pics or can we hire @Dyal_SC like Steve did?

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    This is gonna be interesting. Unfortunately, I'll be in your fine state all week so I'm out. I'll will, however, be watching jealously. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    5 are needed. Collages are ok. But, must still show the pics listed.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    if @DoubleEgger brings out the gyro it will be an easy win. I'll have to do some thinking
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• GalanteNate_OneEa
    Options
    A Greek Easter, hmmmm, I foresee many leg-o-lamb entries lol. Gonna have to give some serious thought to this one...
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Beware of the olive theme :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL
    Can we enter multiple cooks or are we limited to one only?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Incidentally this is the perfect time for folks with a low post and/or cook count to begin. This should be fun for all who participate. & I say it Again "THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX". Have fun with it. I for one, am looking forward to some eggcellent posts. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @SGH if they are incorporated into the same dish/meal I have no issue with that. Please expound on what you mean by that? 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • grege345
    Options
    Alright got it!!! sSometimes i Surpise msyself sometimes

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Please See edit. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • shucker
    shucker Posts: 483
    Options
    Great subject once again. Thanks for organizing this @NPHuskerFL. Hopefully I'll be able to participate

Shucker
    Eastern North Carolina
    Go Pirates!

http://facebook.com/oldcolonysmokehouse

https://www.instagram.com/oldcolonysmokehouse/

L & MM BGE/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Pit Barrel Cooker/QDS/Shirley Fab 50" Patio/BQ Grills Hog Cooker/Stump's Classic/Weber 22" OTG

• SGH
    Options
    @SGH if they are incorporated into the same dish/meal I have no issue with that. Please expound on what you mean by that? 
    Could I enter a lamb cook and then enter a ham as a different entry or would they need to presented at the same time in the same post? 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    One per egghead to keep it on a level playing field please Scottie. :peace: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Options
    One per egghead to keep it on a level playing field please Scottie. :peace: 
    No problem. Just wanted to clarify. 

Status- Standing by.

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I'm in. Don't have a clue what "Greek cuisine" is but eff it. I'm down. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • thegooddocta
    Options
    I'm in - have to wait til the weekend though - work travel all week!
    Mike - (1)LBGE, HeaterMeter v4.2.4
    Little Rhody Egger - East Greenwich, RI
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    There are very few Greeks where I live. The neighbours are Serbian. Can I cook them?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I'm in. Don't have a clue what "Greek cuisine" is but eff it. I'm down. 
    Just put calmata olives on your plate.  Thats Greek.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    edited March 2015
    Options
    grege345 said:
    if @DoubleEgger brings out the gyro it will be an easy win. I'll have to do some thinking
    Thanks for the kind words. There was some great grub at the last throwdown. This will be me all day at work this week. 

• MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    ive been thinking out of the box. A lot of crazy ideas so far
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 458
    Options
    Here we are again. It's official Spring is here for most people. And as promised comes the Throwdown. I'm gonna make this as short and sweet as possible.

Hey Husker...

Here's a q&d graphic you can use (or not) for your throw downs B)

San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • grege345
    Options
    Very cool @UncleFred

• GalanteNate_OneEa
    Options
    UncleFred said:
    Here we are again. It's official Spring is here for most people. And as promised comes the Throwdown. I'm gonna make this as short and sweet as possible.

Hey Husker...

Here's a q&d graphic you can use (or not) for your throw downs B)

Wow, now that's awesome
  • NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    Options
    Excellent throwdown theme. 
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I think I'll be watching this one from the sidelines.  I have a busy week coming up.

I will be watching though.  I love these throwdowns.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Greek? As far as I can recall, the only Greek food I even know of is yogurt and I don't particularly like that

I used to know a guy who owned a Greek pizza joint. Does that count? Never was sure what made it Greek pizza. Except his name was Loulakis. His pizza tasted like, you know, pizza. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @Carolina Q just yogurt huh? Michael I'm pretty sure you and others can use the Google. And ya pizza? Okay why not. 
    @UncleFred pretty cool Graphic. 
    @Ozzie_Isaac it's okay if you puss out on this one. :giggle: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014