Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza

Options
The dough for Neapolitan style pizza

The dough for Italian pan pizza

The toppings

On the Large BGE at 650/700 Large PS Legs down, Medium PS Legs down, 3 fire bricks, the little BGE feet and the pizza stone. For the Neapolitan style not more than 4 minutes to cook, for Italian pan pizza about 7 minutes.

https://youtu.be/h8PpwECRSFY

Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Bravo. I too once put in my platesetter, and the oval stone with the pizza stone. I noticed the improvement on my pizza cook from doing so. Will do again for sure. Great pics.
    Seattle, WA
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Well done...excellent pictures
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Molly, those look Excellent!!!

i honestly had to look to see which forum I was on! LOL

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Nice! A slice of each please?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Please adopt me.   Great looking pie!  How did you get the temp so high yet no flames in your pics?  I had flames burning around my platesetter when I did a pizza that hot.  That and I burned the crap out of the crust as it was store bought.  Great job and nice pics too. Thanks for sharing.  I'm inspired. 

I would like a shot of that Bullet bourbon to go with my pie too.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    4Runner said:
    Please adopt me.   Great looking pie!  How did you get the temp so high yet no flames in your pics?  I had flames burning around my platesetter when I did a pizza that hot.  That and I burned the crap out of the crust as it was store bought.  Great job and nice pics too. Thanks for sharing.  I'm inspired. 
    At those temps it's too hot for flames
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    You have me inspired!  I have some OO flour to use. Looks awesome!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    Options
    Next time, put up some pictures!  Great lookin za.
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
    What was the sauce? 

Beautiful work.
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Very nice pies!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Excellent sir
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    Looks great. What dough recipe do you follow?

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Doin some work tonight. Great posts. 
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    beautiful, just beautiful
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    mouth watering
    Options
    I quit.  Never making pizza again.

f'n incredible.
  • DoofusOfTheDay
    Options
    Fabulous looking!
    Gregg
    Large BGE Owner since December of 2013!
    Marietta, GA
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    Good looking pies!
    I also add 3 fire bricks to my pizza/bread setup to increase the thermal mass to retain heat.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Awesome! 

Options
    Great pies, and pictures like always. Looking forward to seeing more from both of you here.
  • Backyard Mike
    Options
    Good looking pizzas!  What is the purpose of all the platesetters?
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Sweet100s said:
    What was the sauce? 

Beautiful work.
    Whole peeled tomato, garlic, dried oregano, basil and evoo in a blender
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    THAT is contest-winning work my friend!  wow, thanks for posting1
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Smokinpig said:
    Looks great. What dough recipe do you follow?
    Enrico's mind.  650 ml water, 1000 gr all purpose flour (if you want a very soft dough add 50 ml water more or 100 gr less flour), 8 gr white sugar, 21 gr fine sea salt, 100 ml evoo, and 4 gr dried yeast. We rise the dough two time and in the middle we mature the dough in the fridge for over 12 hours.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Fantastic post and you get a double thumbs up for sneaking a FORK in to the pics..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Looks great!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• cookn biker
    Options
    Good looking pizzas!  What is the purpose of all the platesetters?
    This set-up helps to cook quickly the topping. We cook our pizza no more than 4 minutes.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Mama Mia! Those are a great a looking pies!
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    WOW great looking pies
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Killer cooks.  Well done.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin