Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Name your top 5

Options

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @johnkitchens Grunge is my go to. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    @johnkitchens Grunge is my go to. 
    I love Soundgarden's "Outshined" just as much today as I did when I first heard it. It is timeless at least as far as I am concerned. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Becky
    Betsy
    Dana
    Sally
    Susan

(not necessarily in that order)
    I hope for your sake Becky is your wife in case she sees this.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    JSmokeyPitt said:

WeberWho? said:
    @FanOfFanboys I enjoyed some rap in high school and will toss in a rap cd from time to time in the truck.  I do listen to country as well.  Mainstream county music has gone down the toilet the past 5+ years or longer.  I love 90's country but some say that's not country either.  I'm not saying all new country  is bad but I can't tell if I'm listening to the pop channel or rap channel. I officially changed all my local country stations that I had locked in my radio to something other than country.  It's the same damn thing from every artist now a days.  Tropical vacations, windows down, jacked up trucks.  

I will say the worst thing in the world is when country singers rap.  That makes me want to punch a baby seal. 
    I blame Tim McGraw and Nelly
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    JSmokeyPitt said:

WeberWho? said:
    @FanOfFanboys I enjoyed some rap in high school and will toss in a rap cd from time to time in the truck.  I do listen to country as well.  Mainstream county music has gone down the toilet the past 5+ years or longer.  I love 90's country but some say that's not country either.  I'm not saying all new country  is bad but I can't tell if I'm listening to the pop channel or rap channel. I officially changed all my local country stations that I had locked in my radio to something other than country.  It's the same damn thing from every artist now a days.  Tropical vacations, windows down, jacked up trucks.  

I will say the worst thing in the world is when country singers rap.  That makes me want to punch a baby seal. 
    I blame Tim McGraw and Nelly
    That's a great universal excuse.  It'll confuse people so much that they'll forget what they asked you.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Global warming?  I blame Tim McGraw and Nelly.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Global warming?  I blame Tim McGraw and Nelly.
    Exactly!  

Where are those TSP reports?  I blame Tim McGraw and Nelly.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    henapple said:
    It befuddles me how anyone could listen to that sh%t. I wouldn't piss on any one listed.
    This ^^^^^^ is why you are my favorite Uncle.  I would vote rather for a dumbocrat than listen to that crap. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,189
    Options
    SGH said:
      I would vote rather for a dumbocrat than listen to that crap. 
    Now let's not get carried away  @SGH
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    edited March 2015
    Options
    henapple said:
    It befuddles me how anyone could listen to that sh%t. I wouldn't piss on any one listed.
    For sure. I mean when you can listen to such lyrical genius like "bait a hook" or "the trouble with girls" or watermelon crawl" or 'save a horse(ride a cowboy)" or the classic "her teeth was stained but her heart was pure"

can't believe anyone listens to hip-hop when have music like this avail
    Yes..

Smack that bish
    f<%=$ on the hood in the hood
    Yo ho...it ain't myne
    Cop killer
    where's my fauty
    Got my gat
    Ima babee daddy
    And my all time favorite. ..you'll neva get anywheres in life cause whitey is keeping ya down so don't even try.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    You ever looked up the lyrics to "beetches aint shiiiittt"? Not safe for sunday school. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    cazzy said:
    @Jeremiah is cursing me for making this thread cool.
    Actually no. I was bored and figured this place needed a stupid thread. But Willie is one of my favorites. That I'll hold against you. :)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Puh-lease. 

Luke- I wanna rock
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    henapple said:
    henapple said:
    For sure. I mean when you can listen to such lyrical genius like "bait a hook" or "the trouble with girls" or watermelon crawl" or 'save a horse(ride a cowboy)" or the classic "her teeth was stained but her heart was pure"

can't believe anyone listens to hip-hop when have music like this avail
    Yes..

Smack that bish
    f<%=$ on the hood in the hood
    Yo ho...it ain't myne
    Cop killer
    where's my fauty
    Got my gat
    Ima babee daddy
    And my all time favorite. ..you'll neva get anywheres in life cause whitey is keeping ya down so don't even try.
    Ignorant stereotypes are fun! Stupidity perpetuating stupidity 
    Boom
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options

Bowie

Stevie Ray Vaughn

AC/DC

Allman Brothers

Rolling Stones

Joe Walsh

The Eagles

Pink Floyd

Prince

Guess I should stop here, it's hard to rate them but Bowie was my first favorite back in 1974 so he goes first.

No country bumpkin stuff on my IPod, no offence, I just don't feel it.

• henapple
    Options
    @eggcellsior. ..those aren't stereotypes of anything or anyone but the lyrics I read. Who kills rappers? Other rappers. I have a rule in my house for my son's music....would you want someone talking about your sister or mom like that. I take the time to troll his ipod and lp collection....I don't expect him to be a saint but I draw the line at trashing women, killing cops and whining. Just me though. To each his own. I'm a 50 year old curmudgeon. 

There's no way I could do a top 5....I like everything from Hound dog Taylor to Coldplay to Ronnie Millsap to REO Speedwagon.
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    I wonder how many of those rappers listed are Eggheads? I can guess.....
    GWN
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    This started out as a top 5 egg favorites. Now that it has shifted to top 5 artists, here are mine in no particular order.

KISS
    Johnny Cash
    Hank Williams JR.
    Elvis Presley
    Mickey Gilley & Conway Twitty. 
    I know that is actually 6, but I limited it to 5 lines. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options

Tragically Hip

Floyd

The Band

John Prine

The Dead

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Stick a fork in this thread.  It's too far gone to bring back to topic.
    Phoenix 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Eff it here is mine:

Allman brothers/ govt mule
    Aerosmith
    Floyd
    stones
    jimmy buffet/ willie Nelson: (either way if I'm singing along please dive me home)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @Jeremiah that's a solid list. We'll get along just fine in e campground. 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Oh dear! I am getting old. Thought this was a new post. I have probably responded before.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    Options
    This chick and.. 

Kate Upton

Gwen Patrow

Mila Kunis

Carrie Underwood 

Salma Hayek

• mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Mozart
    Bach
    Tchaikovsky
    Strauss
    Vivaldi
    (no need to mention Beethoven)

LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @henapple I need a REALLY LIKE button!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited March 2015
    Options
    henapple said:
    @eggcellsior. ..those aren't stereotypes of anything or anyone but the lyrics I read. Who kills rappers? Other rappers. I have a rule in my house for my son's music....would you want someone talking about your sister or mom like that. I take the time to troll his ipod and lp collection....I don't expect him to be a saint but I draw the line at trashing women, killing cops and whining. Just me though. To each his own. I'm a 50 year old curmudgeon. 

There's no way I could do a top 5....I like everything from Hound dog Taylor to Coldplay to Ronnie Millsap to REO Speedwagon.
    @henapple you're drunk. I didn't say that to you. Why are you directing it at misspelled me?

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    Nanook said:
    I wonder how many of those rappers listed are Eggheads? I can guess.....
    Probably same as other genres listed? Think Willie Nelson or anyone left from PinkFloyd is egging?
    I can guess....
    Boom
  • henapple
    Options
    Willie is shotgunning I'm sure. Is Pink Floyd still living?