Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

They wanted to go to a restaurant...

Options
2»

Comments

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Nice meal.   Can I make reservations for dinner at your house?

Garnerville, NY
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Options
    Happy Birthday!  That looks like a great way to spend it.
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Outstanding!!! I can't get over how beautiful even just the raw steak looks.

And Happy Birthday :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    That's kickass! Again, I'm amazed at how pros such as yourself can manage 4 eggs at a time. I have trouble running my Jr. and XL at the same time! Happy belated birthday!
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Options
    Nothing says happy birthday like let me cook on my eggs.  Way better than restaurants any day. 
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Nice 4-egg cook man! Spectacular meal for sure. Late Happy Birthday to Craig. It looks like it was a good one.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Why go out when you can enjoy a great meal on the Egg.   Happy birthday and perfect execution of a surf & turf variation.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • BGESimon
    Options
    fantastic cook !
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Very nice!!!! Looks like you enjoyed your birthday.  Happy belated birthday to
    you and @Biggreenpharmacist.  
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Isn't surf and turf the current throw down ?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Isn't surf and turf the current throw down ?
    I thought about using this, but I thought it lacked the creativity factor. I've got something else in the works for the throw down...
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @Eggcelsior,

Which vintage of PVW did you go with, and what does it run when ordered in a restaurant? I managed to score a bottle of 23 y/o just before Christmas, but have only had one glass so far. I am a huge fan. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    CTMike said:
    @Eggcelsior,

Which vintage of PVW did you go with, and what does it run when ordered in a restaurant? I managed to score a bottle of 23 y/o just before Christmas, but have only had one glass so far. I am a huge fan. 
    They had 10, Special Reserve, 15, 20, and 23. I went with the Special Reserve for $40 a glass. It was $30, $40, $70, $100, and "Spoken For" in terms of pricing.

I wouldn't do this on any other day than my birthday.
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Awesome cook!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• SmokeytheEGG
    Options
    My wife and I have this conversation often. She enjoys the experience of going out to eat. I think about how much better the food is off the egg and how much fun I have grilling It. Usually for $80, which is an average tab with a couple of drinks, we could have two nice ribeyes, shrimp, and a side. 
    Blue Ridge, GA
  • SmokeytheEGG
    Options
    The latter being at home. We could have much better quality and quantity at home.
    Blue Ridge, GA
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Tonight I'm doing a Ribeye, Filet, a Bake Potato, French Green Beans and a $20 French Blend wine , "F" all bought at Whole Foods for $60. 

At a great streak restaurant (Bones, Stoney River in Atlanta)  the bill would be akin to $150 plus tip plus cocktails. 

The Egg is a steal. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Nice cook, and really impressive family of Eggs there
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Tonight I'm doing a Ribeye, Filet, a Bake Potato, French Green Beans and a $20 French Blend wine , "F" all bought at Whole Foods for $60. 

At a great streak restaurant (Bones, Stoney River in Atlanta)  the bill would be akin to $150 plus tip plus cocktails. 

The Egg is a steal. 
    Agreed. My experience at Bones: service was ridiculous, great atmosphere & my steak was cooked perfectly. However, there was very little seasoning. I felt like it lacked flavor. I know, let the meat speak for itself, but I don't enjoy chewing a flavorless hunk of anything. I'll take my steak any day of the week.