Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg'd Pasghetti & Meatballs

Options
Big_Green_Craig
Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
edited February 2015 in EggHead Forum
My kids love "Pasghetti" and wanted it this weekend. Having only watched my Italian wife make "gravy" over the stove, I felt like embarking on a maiden voyage. 

Don't worry, I had complete Italian supervision...

I mixed a combination of ground beef, hot Italian sausage, bread crumbs, Parmesan/Romano cheese and some other Italian style seasonings and rolled them into balls slightly larger than golf balls. The Large Egg was temped at 275 and used some hickory wood for smoke. Indirect setup and the meatballs smoked for approx 45 minutes. 

On the Medium Egg, I made the "gravy."  I sauteed some onions and garlic, then added tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, oregano, S&P, crushed red pepper flakes, etc. This simmered at 300F direct for approx 2 hours. Once the meatballs were finished, they were added to the gravy to continue simmering. 

This turned out great and I will definitively do it again. 

Comments