Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado about ready

Options
30 Larges and the two Free Mini-Max just arrived for the Salado EggFest March 14th. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    I thought this thread would contain pictures of medical personnel and defense attorneys...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    I thought this thread would contain pictures of medical personnel and defense attorneys...

LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I'm getting tingly all over... And not because I dropped an LBGE on my leg. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Give it till March 15th
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    caliking said:
    For real?

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Are you going to bury @henapple with the Quickcrete?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Are you going to bury @henapple with the Quickcrete?
    Can't do that, need him in June for the henapple hoedown. 
  • caliking
    Options
    Mickey said:
    caliking said:
    For real?
    I was trying to refer to your minor incident last year. 

• Mickey
    Options
    caliking said:
    Mickey said:
    caliking said:
    For real?
    I was trying to refer to your minor incident last year. 
    If you an henapple had not be bobbing for PBR's in the ice chest at 6:30am you could have been helping me and it would not have happened. Did I ever say thanks?

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Stephen and ashish had me up at 6 saving them a spot so they could have omelets and bloody marys...they strolled in at 11...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • travisstrick
    Options
    Mickey, I've updated my first aid kit. I'm ready. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • caliking
    Options

I refuse to stand by and watch the facts be distorted in this manner, with absolutely no regard for the truth.

It was French toast.

And I strolled in at 10.

• Mickey
    Options
    caliking said:

I refuse to stand by and watch the facts be distorted in this manner, with absolutely no regard for the truth.

It was French toast.

And I strolled in at 10.

As Hillary would say: "Was it 10:00 or was it 11:00? Just who the hell cares!"

• Mickey
    Options

Mickey, I've updated my first aid kit. I'm ready. 
    Thanks Travis. Dropped a Large on my leg very early in the morning. Blood up and down.  When @caliking shows up he said "a boo-boo" but what else would a baby doc say. Damn thing hurt. Bring the big kit. 

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    @Mickey how did you acquire those MM's? I will be attending/cooking the Athens EggFest again and my request for a MM fell on deaf ears. Something like, we have 300 back orders.... Was disappointed. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Mickey
    Options
    @Mickey how did you acquire those MM's? I will be attending/cooking the Athens EggFest again and my request for a MM fell on deaf ears. Something like, we have 300 back orders.... Was disappointed. 
    Dave the event organizers have to go thru the dealer who goes thru the Distributer on any such items. 
    More important will you be at Salado? Not only I promise you a very good time, you get a chance (for free) at two Mini-Max to take home Saturday night. 50 miles North on I-35 at exit 284. 

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Dave the event organizers have to go thru the dealer who goes thru the Distributer on any such items. 
    More important will you be at Salado? Not only I promise you a very good time, you get a chance (for free) at two Mini-Max to take home Saturday night. 50 miles North on I-35 at exit 284. 
    I should run up there and meet some of you guys
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    whoop! whoop!
    Options
    Now you're ready! 
  • Mickey
    Options
    Now you're ready! 
    I sm going to switch all his beer for LONE STAR anyway. 

• Foghorn
    Options
    Lone Star is just as bad.  I'm not sure how they stay in business as long as the Shiner brewery is open.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• travisstrick
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Lone Star is just as bad.  I'm not sure how they stay in business as long as the Shiner brewery is open.
    Shiner is $5 more per 12pk. I drink more shiner bock than anything else but if I was broke maybe not. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Taking the week off before.  If you need help just call...only an hour away.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Shiner is $5 more per 12pk. I drink more shiner bock than anything else but if I was broke maybe not. 

I'll give you that.

San Antonio, TX

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    @Mickey where should I get lodging? You said it before but I can't find it. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Little Steven
    Options
    texaswig said:

I just cancelled a cottage at the Inn on the Creek. The fest is right there

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    You not coming?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Thanks I'll check it out. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Mickey
    Options
    texaswig said:
    Steven said his room is now open. 
    So the Inn has a room. 
    Spring Chicken will have update to blog soon. Inn on the Creek (((((Sold Out)))))
    Host Hotel
    Owner Will Lowery 
    The Internet will not do rooms for the EggFest

The Inn on the Creek is now sold out. I do not see any rooms opening up but if you would like to be on a waiting list send me your info and will send over to the Inn for first come first serve. 
    Below are the two motels with blocked rooms for us. Please contact the motel directly for booking. 
    At the bottom is Spring Chickens Salado a EggFest Blog. 

Best Western  / Salado
    $95.99 per night
    Please call hotel direct and tell them with Big Green Egg or Salado EggFest

Holiday Inn Express /  Salado 
    $119.99 King
    $129.99 Queen

Salado EggFest Blog:

Best Western  / Salado
    $95.99 per night

Holiday Inn Express /  Salado 
    $119.99 King
    $129.99 Queen

Salado EggFest Blog:

Here's the link to the current list.
    http://whoiscomingtosalado.blogspot.com

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    @texaswigMy room at the Inn opened up today because I snatched up Little Steven's cottage (sorry). I figured if I'm going to do this rodeo, I might as well go big or go home. :)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy