Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

68 degrees in K.C.

jake42jake42 Posts: 931
edited 3:48AM in EggHead Forum
smoke.jpg
<p />Good Day for Rib tips
ribletcook.jpg
fingertip.jpg

Comments

• Those look good, Jake! Mightt good. Now are those rib tips like Price Chopper and Mal-Wart sell? Or are those the ends and tips from full racks you trimmed down St. Louis style?[p]I cook a lot of rib tips too. One thing I like to do is cut them down to where they are about half the length of what you have pictured. Since I cook a bunch at one time, I find it is easier to arrange on the grill when they aren't so long.[p]Beers to you,[p]Juggy[p]
  • jake42jake42 Posts: 931
    Juggy D Beerman,
    Got those from Price Chopper.
    I like to cut them into finger food after the cook.

• jake42,
    Man, I should have bought me some! I saw some tips this morning at Wally World, and thought to myself...self, you should pick some of those up and try 'em. But, not knowing how to cook them I stuck with eggin' some pizza instead.
    So, my question would be what times, temp., and setup do you use?
    I would assume something very similar to a regular rib setup, but I know what I get when I assume!![p]Thanks,[p]Chris

Wobbly Pops to ya, Chris
  • jake42,
    Just what are Rib tips??? Did you remove the bone or do they come boneless?

Bunky Rub,
    They are called riblets in the store.

Parrothead,
    You are right.