Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

68 degrees in K.C.

Options
jake42
jake42 Posts: 932
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
smoke.jpg
<p />Good Day for Rib tips
ribletcook.jpg
fingertip.jpg

Comments

• Those look good, Jake! Mightt good. Now are those rib tips like Price Chopper and Mal-Wart sell? Or are those the ends and tips from full racks you trimmed down St. Louis style?[p]I cook a lot of rib tips too. One thing I like to do is cut them down to where they are about half the length of what you have pictured. Since I cook a bunch at one time, I find it is easier to arrange on the grill when they aren't so long.[p]Beers to you,[p]Juggy[p]
  • jake42
    Options
    Juggy D Beerman,
    Got those from Price Chopper.
    I like to cut them into finger food after the cook.

• Parrothead
    Options
    jake42,
    Man, I should have bought me some! I saw some tips this morning at Wally World, and thought to myself...self, you should pick some of those up and try 'em. But, not knowing how to cook them I stuck with eggin' some pizza instead.
    So, my question would be what times, temp., and setup do you use?
    I would assume something very similar to a regular rib setup, but I know what I get when I assume!![p]Thanks,[p]Chris

Wobbly Pops to ya, Chris
  • BunkyRub
    Options
    jake42,
    Just what are Rib tips??? Did you remove the bone or do they come boneless?

• jake42
    Options
    Bunky Rub,
    They are called riblets in the store.

• jake42
    Options
    Parrothead,
    You are right.