Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Franks "I put that *&^% on everything" Chicken

Options
I cook this with either chick thighs or chicken legs and sometimes I smoke them and sometimes I grill them. All depends on my mood but its always great and the wife loves them too. So I take franks original hot sauce and inject as much into the chicken as possible and use a little more to marinate on top of the chicken too. Usually I let it marinate 3 or 4 hours but 1 will do as well. I then sprinkle my all purpose rub on there. If you like franks as much as I do you will enjoy this chicken. I can never get a finished picture of the thighs since we eat them so fast and I forget to get one but here is my prep for thighs and legs done. I adjust the salt content in the rub to taste since the franks adds a bit of that as well.

Dry Rub 2 T kosher salt1 Tbl mild chili powder1tbl chipotle chili powder2 Tbl paprika1 Tbl garlic powder1 Tbl onion powder2 tsp cumin2 tsp oregano1 tsp allspice
Franklin, Tn
LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

Comments