Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Official Gallotine Ballotine THROWDOWN Entry Thread

Options
Here it is eggers. Post em here.

Remember: two cell phone pics only, recipes appreciated. Vote ONCE by liking your favorite entry.

Please keep this official thread for entries only. Here's a link to the unofficial thread for more info/questions/ bs. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1175965/ballotine-chicken-throwdown-winner-gets-big-prize/p1

Good luck and let the best chicken deboner-stuffer-egger-photo taker win!
Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 

Comments

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    imageimage
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Saturday night thread bump
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Chicken stuffed with eggplant parmesan, and Italian sausage.  I put in layers of mozzarella, eggplant parm, marinara, and squeezed two links of Italian sausage in there.  (Thanks for the aluminum foil drip pan idea, that's a keeper.)

imageimage
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    MM Galantine Ballotine.
    Boned out, S&P inside, stuffed with chopped broccoli, cauliflower and baby carrots. Wrapped tightly in cellophane overnight in the frig. RW w/ applewood chunks. Set-up»»»Indirect with PS in the WOO running at 350℉.
    In egg almost ready to pull off with IT at 160℉

Plated w/ Arancini di Riso (courtesy of HuskerMaMa).
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    LBGE Galantine Ballotine.
    Boned out, S&P inside, par cooked brats (3) and evenly sliced each and let cool, sliced smoked gouda cheese, sliced provolone cheese & then wrapped it completely in a thick cut bacon weave. Wrapped tightly in cellophane overnight in the frig. RW w/ pecan chunks and applewood chunks. Set-up»»» indirect on CI elevated slightly above the grid with copper fittings at 375℉.
    In the egg ready to pull.

Plated w/ Arancini di Riso (courtesy of HuskerMaMa--- they made me feel like she and I were wandering the market back in Taormina).
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • noregard
    noregard Posts: 306
    Options
    Wow, these look amazing.  Congrats guys for putting in some serious effort!  
    Lethbridge, Alberta         LBGE & MM
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    noregard said:
    Wow, these look amazing.  Congrats guys for putting in some serious effort!  
    You aren't supposed to comment on this thread....just like the ones you want. Damn! Now you made me do it!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    here goes:

Stuffing is hot Italian Sausage (pre browned), sauteed onion and garlic, then added 3/4 cup red wine, shitake mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes. S&P and goat cheese on the first layer. A little overstuffed, but oh, well. Tasted great, just busted a gut as it cooked. Chef's treat: smoke em if you got em Habanero Death Dust lollipops. :D

Plated with garlic lemon pepper steamed broccoli. image
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Here's my entry. Stuffed with Boars Head Black Forest ham and red wax cheddar, scallions, broccoli, and garlic. Coated inside and out with Tsunami Spin.

Eagle eyed viewers will notice that I mistakenly chopped off one of the drumstick ends. Made it interesting trying to get it tied up.

EDIT: So it was brought to my attention that I failed to follow the rules, as I didn't post a pic of the bird on the egg. Mostly that was because I didn't want to advertise my lousy tying skills, that and failing to read the rules in the other thread.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • shucker
    shucker Posts: 483
    Options
    After seeing some of these I'm hesitant to post my amateur workmanship, but here goes. Seasoned with a combo of plow boys yardbird and dp shakin the tree. Stuffed with jalapenos, cream cheese, cheddar, jack, and red onions. Wrapped with bacon and covered with bbq sauce.

Shucker
    Eastern North Carolina
    Go Pirates!

http://facebook.com/oldcolonysmokehouse

https://www.instagram.com/oldcolonysmokehouse/

L & MM BGE/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Pit Barrel Cooker/QDS/Shirley Fab 50" Patio/BQ Grills Hog Cooker/Stump's Classic/Weber 22" OTG

• UrbanForestTurnings
    Options
    Ok my turn. Stuffed with. Home cured and smoked chunked bacon.fried in ci skillet. With sausage.Onion,banana peppers,baby Bella mushrooms and spinach sautéed in bacon grease. white cheddar cheese and cream cheese. Rub with Penzeys Roasted Garlic. And a nice line of duck fat . Placed on rack in a 9 qt Dutch oven with a splash of bourbon in the pan and one for me.roasted at 400 . Pulled at 160. Hot fire bricks on the breasts for a little more crunch. Nice fat and drippings in pan made a gravy with some more bourbon and black pepper . Don't know how it tasted the whole family is sick. Was a fun cook.imageimage
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,057
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Great job guys! =P~ Here is a Bacon Wrapped Chili Cheese Chicken Ballotine with Fresh Jalapeños and Cilantro. Indirect with Apple Wood at a dome temp of 385ish for about an hour or so. Served with some Baked Mac n Cheese.

Made sure to strain the chili with a collander for a little bit before placing it in the chicken. Added some Extra Sharp Cheddar, freshly diced Japs and fresh Cilantro before wrapping it up in Bacon.

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Late decision to enter here. Went and bought the chicken during half time of the AFC game.

Stuffing is roasted beets, goat cheese, a drizzle of olive oil and a few splashes of balsamic. Salt and pepper inside and out. Cooked at 400 and basted with some balsamic at 45 min mark. Took about an hour. Served over spinach sautéed with garlic.imageimage
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    Monday morning bump. Entries are now closed. PLEASE VOTE ONCE FOR YOUR FAVORITE!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @jls9595‌ ....nice grill shot, presentation and stuffing.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    thanks @henapple, appreciate you not entering this one so the rest of us have a chance ;)
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • tz666
    tz666 Posts: 404
    edited January 2015
    Options
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    tz666 said:

If I had to eat(vote for) one it would be @blind99, I love the italian

Then vote!

And y'all please quit commenting here.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,851
    Options
    Bump - to try to get more voters.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Jeremiah
    Options
    Monday night bump.

Rock the vote people! \m/
  • dmason
    dmason Posts: 10
    Options
    GalanteNate_OneEa gets my vote. They all look amazing though
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Just a reminder, to cast your vote you have to hit the like button. Remember only vote once.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Vote early, vote often. No wait, that's the election in November...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Bump.

Voting is free Egger's hit the like button for your favorite.