Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wine & Dine

Options
2»

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    henapple said:

@NPHuskerFL‌. ..red pears halved and hollowed, goat cheese, walnuts and wrapped in bacon. Match with a nice Chardonnay.

That sounds awesome! I was thinking of Gorda cheese a little cayenne and lite salt and pepper with sliced almonds.
    Or a sliced brie honey drizzle and a Moscato.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    DMW said:

henapple said:

@NPHuskerFL‌. ..red pears halved and hollowed, goat cheese, walnuts and wrapped in bacon. Match with a nice Chardonnay.

I thought you just followed recipes???

An @Zippylip‌ recipe actually. Haven't seen him in a while. Great app or dessert.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌. .. Or a sliced brie honey drizzle and a Moscato.

I'd **** slap you for saying that if I was in Jacksonville.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    I never really got into wine much until my wife and I were in our early twenties dating/almost engaged while we were in Sicily the first time. That's when I developed a deep appreciation for it. Wine there was just part of daily life. The vineyards were absolutely breathtaking and the people were so friendly. The venturi is new to us. We used to just let it breath and that was it. This did seem to give it just a deeper aroma and smoothness.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    henapple said:

@NPHuskerFL‌. .. Or a sliced brie honey drizzle and a Moscato.

I'd **** slap you for saying that if I was in Jacksonville.

Seriously? that's an awesome combo. Ya, you'd slap me after you had a few. And then a Yuengling chaser. =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    You sure have been putting that MM to good use. Looks awesome as always brother husker.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• sodigthisbigcrux
    Options
    very nice...can I ask where you got that CI pan?
    HuskerMaMa got that one on Amazon when it was on sale a while back. I don't see it on there anymore (shows unavailable). It is a 10" Camp Chef fluted pie pan and it's available at many different locations per a quick Google search. It works perfect in the MM.

thanks!!
    Battle Ground, WA
    Large BGE,  MiniMax  and a Vision Kub.
    Could you call on Lady Day, could you call on John Coltrane?
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @sodigthisbigcrux‌ NP always happy to help a fellow egghead. Hope ya find one you like. There's nothing like CI ware IMHO
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014