Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yeti clone.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
SAMs has these for 199 bucks if anyone else is interested in them. I just reserved 6 for myself that I'm picking up on the ride home tomorrow. Lifetime warranty for 199 is kind of hard to pass up. They are 55 quarts. Just thought I would share.

imageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    6? Are you a serial killer?
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Almost as much as their ceramic grill I noticed yesterday
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    What a deal
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • SGH
    Options
    6? Are you a serial killer?
    Two of them are for me. Giving Party Monster one, toilet paper son one, my brother one and Nola one.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Once again, I'm up for adoption anytime.
  • SGH
    Options
    I have never actually laid eyes on one in person, but have heard a lot of favorable talk about them. Anyone have one and care to share their thoughts?

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    We may be getting close to making that happen. Toilet paper son just moved to Kentucky so there is now a open room in the house!!

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    SGH said:
    We may be getting close to making that happen. Toilet paper son just moved to Kentucky so there is now a open room in the house!!
    Can I come spend winters there?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @DMW‌ hey! Stop trying to muscle into my room! I been working that for months. Now, what to do with my deadbeat wife and kids... :-?
  • SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
    Can I come spend winters there?
    Absolutely brother D. Would be a honor to have you. If you ever relly want to come down for the winter, I have a second home just this side of Mobil Alabama that you are more than welcome to stay in. It's nothing fancy but it's free. You would have unlimited access to to Unit #4 and Unit #5 as that is where they stay. Just say when.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    Every now and then they mark those down between 99-150 bucks. The next time they do it, I'm going to buy a pile of them. Just like these coolers.

Status- Standing by.

• WeberWho
    Options
    SGH said:

WeberWho? said:

Every now and then they mark those down between 99-150 bucks. The next time they do it, I'm going to buy a pile of them. Just like these coolers.

I've heard the Vision Kub go for $99-$150 on clearance. I'm not sure about full size though. If you find it for that price let me know

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SGH
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    I've heard the Vision Kub go for $99-$150 on clearance. I'm not sure about full size though. If you find it for that price let me know
    It's the Kub that I'm referring to. For some reason I can't enlarge the pic and just assumed that it was the Kub. 

Status- Standing by.

• WeberWho
    Options
    SGH said:

WeberWho? said:

It's the Kub that I'm referring to. For some reason I can't enlarge the pic and just assumed that it was the Kub. 

It would be the large version of the egg for $245

Minnesota
  • SGH
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    It would be the large version of the egg for $245
    $245 is not bad at all for a full size knock off. However I have never seen the full size ones in the Gulfport store. Only the little Kub. I'm sure that they would order it though.

Status- Standing by.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @yzzi. My fam and I went to Baton Rouge over the holiday break and hit Biloxi in only about 8 hrs. When should I pick you up?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @yzzi. My fam and I went to Baton Rouge over the holiday break and hit Biloxi in only about 8 hrs.  
    Brother you should have gave me a shout when you was in Biloxi. Would have been great to got to meet you.

Status- Standing by.

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    @SGH What do you do on the rigs? I assume you're on the platforms out in the Gulf, Company man or service provider?
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • SGH
    Options
    RedSkip said:
    @SGH What do you do on the rigs? I assume you're on the platforms out in the Gulf, Company man or service provider?
    Im in Quality Management. I over see and review all Nondestructive examination. Examples- Radiograph, Ultrasonics, Magparticle etc etc....

Status- Standing by.

• RedSkip
    Options
    Casing or production strings? Or the actual rig itself? Sorry for being nosey, I work for an operator in Midstream - onshore... Anyways wish I would have went offshore or overseas before settling down, pretty sweet gig sounds like you have...

Stay safe!
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • SGH
    Options
    RedSkip said:

At the present, im not offshore on the platforms. Im dock side on a barge being converted to haul spooling reels for Exxon/Mobil. I spend a lot of my time screwing off on the forum and bird and boat watching :D

In March we will be taking her out in the Gulf for sea trials though. Im enjoying being dock side while I can.

imageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    RedSkip said:
    Casing or production strings? Or the actual rig itself? Sorry for being nosey, I work for an operator in Midstream - onshore... Anyways wish I would have went offshore or overseas before settling down, pretty sweet gig sounds like you have... Stay safe!
    I have nothing to do with casing work. Mostly work on the mainline, risers, jumpers, PLETS  and FLETS.

Status- Standing by.

• RedSkip
    Options
    Great views! Nothing like the smell of the salt water on an early summer morning...
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • SGH
    edited January 2015
    Options
    RedSkip said:
    Casing or production strings? Or the actual rig itself? Sorry for being nosey, I work for an operator in Midstream - onshore... Anyways wish I would have went offshore or overseas before settling down, pretty sweet gig sounds like you have... Stay safe!
    Im in the subsea division so I see very little of the topside production work. Just got lucky this time.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    RedSkip said:
    Great views! Nothing like the smell of the salt water on an early summer morning...

Here are a couple more. They are bringing in a 3,000 ton derek barge to set the reels. I will snap some pics of that big boy and post. This barge is 450 foot long by 150 foot wide.

imageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    RedSkip said:
    Great views!

Here are some random shots.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Amazing, heavy duty equipment. Scottie, how long will you be gone in March for the test run?
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • SGH
    Options
    piney said:
    Amazing, heavy duty equipment. Scottie, how long will you be gone in March for the test run?
    Only 6 days my friend.

Status- Standing by.