Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New member running the gauntlet

Options
2»

Comments

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    AUCE said:
    Welcome to the forum CoalCreek.

You might want to take this statement from @AUCE with a grain of salt ... "This brotherhood ... will save you a bundle."  It's not going to happen!!!  They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but on the forum a picture usually costs you hundreds of dollars ... the pull of that new/old/novel gadget will get you sooner or later. 

He has a point.....It has saved me from buying every available accessory...Like just now on the CI grate post I have..
    @AUCE ... you may have dodged the CI grate bullet for now, but it'll roll around and ferment in your mind until you just HAVE to try it.  Honest.  I thought the SmokeWare cap was too expensive for what it did, but I finally bought one ... have I told you lately how much I love it? 

Oh yes, the Kick Ash Basket ... total waste of funds ... but, geez, what if it isn't?  I should try one just so I'd know if it's worth it.  Yes?  It's not THAT expensive ... might improve draft ... easier clean out ... hey, Christmas is coming ... they've got one in stock on the way north for vacation ...
    hmmm ... maybe ... probably ... oh hell, I've got to try it.

See what I mean?

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    @Jeepster47 nailed it. That's how it goes!
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options

@minnioemoh trip was awesome. **** weather we had when we were there though. You never have snow at that time but yet you had it just for us.

We had some great food, lots of shopping, and you can never go wrong with a Crue show or 2. I stopped in at Quetopia, lots of sauces and rubs there. I didn't find much else too entertaining but I had a nice conversation with the guy there. The owner was away for a competition.

• CoalCreek
    Options
    Thanks for the warning, although I must admit I was $1500 deep before I even fired her up. And now that you mention It, what are the chances of getting a hold of one of those grid extenders from the group buy last year? Seems like they were well recieved and I'd love to be able to fit another V rack in there. Coniption from wife in 5, 4, 3...
    Minneapolis, MN
  • AUCE
    AUCE Posts: 890
    Options
    AUCE said:

Welcome...I too am a neophyte...
    This brotherhood will walk you through the trials and tribulations and save you a bundle.
    My first gadgets were the plate setter and a thermoworks dual temp thermometer with high temp kit. (After speaking to thermoworks went high temp for long term durability)
    My thermo arrives today. An xmas present from my queen. Yippeee!
    Planning on a pizza.stone a thermopen and a cast iron grate..
    Currently designing a badazz table...
    Good luck!!!

ALERT!!!°
    just received my Thermoworks dual temp with high temp kit.
    DO NOT ORDER.HIGH TEMP K IT FOR BGE. CABLES WAAY TOO THICK TO GET LID CLOSURE..GET STANDARD SMOKEHOUSE KIT

I would much rather be able to say I was glad I did than wished I had........

XL owner and purveyor of pallette perfection...

Homosassa....Mecca of Florida

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @CoalCreek ... fair warning ... start looking for an extra refrigerator with a large freezer ... or a dedicated freezer and a second refrigerator.  You'll need them if you can't resist trying each of the BBQ sauces that get mentioned ..."Tiger Sauce uses?? 1st bottle" is a fine example. I only have about 74 left to try at my local market.  And, Costco had a terrific rack of pork - that only shows up at this time of the year - in the stores.  Thanksgiving had some terrific left over turkey sales on good Friday.  IT JUST NEVER STOPS!!!

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Options
    Welcome to the Addiction.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Welcome! And I have not read all the prior comments, but just in case you have not already been warned...This place can be expensive...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Looking foward to -50 Wind Chill Cook pics! 

Welcome to the dark side, never to return again......
    New Albany, Ohio 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Welcome!  Post plenty of pictures and don't forget to have a fork included!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Welcome aboard

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Nice to see another egger from MN

@hondabbq‌
    hondabbq said:

@minnioemoh trip was awesome. **** weather we had when we were there though. You never have snow at that time but yet you had it just for us.

We had some great food, lots of shopping, and you can never go wrong with a Crue show or 2. I stopped in at Quetopia, lots of sauces and rubs there. I didn't find much else too entertaining but I had a nice conversation with the guy there. The owner was away for a competition.

Quetopua is a nice little honey hole for rubs and sauces. Did you happen to pick up any Dipstix Marys Favorite Rub? That's my all time favorite rub. Good on just about everything

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options

@weberwho

I picked up some rubs and sauces. That one doesn't ring a bell. I think it was plowboys