Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whats the best burger recipe? Need one for tomorrow!

Options
Buzilo
Buzilo Posts: 185
Hey Everyone, 

I would appreciate your best burger recipe in detail on the big green egg! I am cooking burgers for a few friends tomorrow and would love to blow them away!!!. 

Include pictures if you have  and thanks for sharing!

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    Somebody posted a really nice looking video yesterday. Search Breville burgers

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Dunno. Never used an actual recipe for a burger. But here are some ideas...

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Buzilo
    Options
    I'm making it from scratch, bought some organic ground beef
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Try griffin's one with fish sauce- thought it was really good. Will try to find the link...
    Greensboro, NC
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Mine is:

Trim as much fat as you can off a brisket.  Grind course with bacon after par-freezing.  Guesstimate 80/20.

Sounds like that won't work for you since you have the pre-ground.  In that case you can do a juicy lucy - stuff the patties with cheese and whatever else floats your boat.  Seal it well and try to use cheeses that don't melt into liquid quick, don't overcook.
    Options
    Buzilo said:

organic is fine but what is the fat content? That IMHO is one of the most important aspects to a tasty burger. Personally I always go for 80/20 ground chuck.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Buzilo said:
    Well that blows my suggestion out of the water.
    I was gonna say, go buy some short ribs and grind the beef yourself.
    Very tasty!!!
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Chelnerul
    Options
    If you've got a stuffed burger press life is really easy. Even if you don't, they're easy to make from scratch, especially if you've got 80/20. Too lean and it won't work.

I wow outsiders with blue cheese crumbles and bacon crumbles stuffed inside my burgers. You can either go indirect at 300 or so for super juicy or very hot to get the searing done (better crust outside, but not as juicy in my opinion)...
    Manning our FOB in occupied Northern Virginia...
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    If you make Jucy Lucys, just remember the melted cheese can squirt out when you take a bite. It can be VERY hot. I know this for a fact. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• ChicagoEgghead20
    Options
    IMHO I don't do organic for burgers, it seems like they never taste meaty enough, I would mix in some ground bacon or put some hearty cheese in those, also as @RHP stated, make sure there's enough fat, nothing worse than a dry burger.  I have a buddy who buys 1/2 a cow every 6 or so months and when I am able to get in on that buy, the cow has been slaughtered within the last day or two and the beef tastes out of this world.  There's nothing like the taste of a recently killed animal whose blood isn't cold yet  8-X
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Whichever flavors you go with, grill 'em in the dark. Your friends will love the effects of the fire. Here's a pic from tonight. It's blurry but you'll see what I'm talking about. I have a hard time with the night pics, but the feeling of cooking by fire at night is exciting.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My best is ground up brisket. But if using reg beef add chopped onions S&P and grated chedder to the mix. And use onion rolls over buns. image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Like has been said before, ground brisket is fantastic. Hopefully the package you have is 80/20, if not you'll need to add extra fat, if you can't grind it, mince some bacon as small as you can to mix. I typically use salt, pepper, garlic powder, and worcestshire sauce in my burgers.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Be sure to patty the burgers carefully. I lay the beef on butcher paper evenly and use a cup to cut the burgers. Reverse sear. I smoke around 215-225..sear on ci around 550.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Buzilo
    Options
    Tonights cook was a success! Thanks you to all who commented and helped out! 

I made fully loaded burgers with cheese in between the patties. I used 2 table spoons of Mayo when I mixed in the organic lean ground beef. This is by far the best burgers I have ever had! The BGE is brilliant! 
  • Buzilo
    Options
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Congrats
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Buzilo
    Options
    Thank you, I did not believe how good they were. BGE 4 LIFE!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    =D> Nice.... 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Good job, hope your friends mad you enjoyed.
  • Buzilo
    Options