Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

stupid question

Options
How do you search for a certain topic. Example turbo butts.

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    If you're not on mobile its to the right. Mobile is lacking. Haven't figured that out myself.
  • FarmerTom
    Options

Check this thread.  Tells how to do it on Google and other engines.

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• Walt2015
    Walt2015 Posts: 583
    Options
    Another technical question-- how do you link another forum member in comments?
    Memphis, TN ----> Chattanooga, TN
  • FarmerTom
    Options

Crap,  Vanilla didn't keep the link.  will try again.

Here is link for how to use Google for this forum.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1173638/a-tip-for-those-who-wish-to-search-the-forum#latest

Tommy 

1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Walt2015 said:

Another technical question-- how do you link another forum member in comments?

Not sure what you're asking. Include a link or like this @Walt2015‌ ?
  • Walt2015
    Walt2015 Posts: 583
    Options
    The second way
    Memphis, TN ----> Chattanooga, TN
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Just type @ followed by their handle. @Walt2015‌
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Just type @ followed by their handle. @Walt2015‌
    Just remember that it must be spelled properly including any capitalization. While it will appear to have posted correctly since it goes to bold that doesn't mean the person will receive the notification. Also for someone with a space in their name the @ will not work such as Little Steven. Here's an example @Little Steven
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • FarmerTom
    Options
    I usually highlight the persons name the same way you would copy and paste text.  Type the @ symbol and paste the name.    Works fine for names with spaces too.  Only problem is if persons name is not readily available to copy.                  

Tommy 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    edited November 2014
    Options
    FarmerTom said:
    I usually highlight the persons name the same way you would copy and paste text.  Type the @ symbol and paste the name.    Works fine for names with spaces too.  Only problem is if persons name is not readily available to copy.                  
    Tom - that still doesn't work for me when there is a space involved. Here's my attempt to do it for Little Steven @Little Steven 

See how it will attempt to find someone named Little  since that is all that is highlighted in bold...the space is the problem.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    Apparently "Little" joined October 21st and hasn't posted anything yet.

If there's a space, like in "Little Steven", I think you can hyperlink it, the little chain to the right of "insert image" on the tool bar. Just copy the member name to your clipboard, open the "insert hyperlink" dialogue box, and copy the link where indicated. 

Vanilla might not notify for that, but you can flag a member that way for someone to find.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Since the title of this thread is "stupid question" let me add to it:

Is there a set of "operating instructions" for the forum tucked away some place?

Is there a way of seeing the members list?

Is there a list of previously blocked websites that BGE forum software won't let through?  I tried to quote @caliking with his listing of the yard & pool website that had a sale for Black Friday ... darn thing eat my posting twice.

What's the subtitle of "Activity" used for ... how does something get in there.  Can it be used like a sandbox for testing?  i.e. let me see who picked my first choice for a screen name.  Have to write a comment with " @Jeepster " in the write-up, post it, then go to the posted comment and click on "@Jeepster" ... think that will work ... is the "Activity" subtitle okay for that?  Or, do I have to sneak it in like this?

Does joining "Q" and "Little" a space, and "Steven" with a hyperlink really work?  Let's see @Little Steven  Hmmm that didn't work very easily ... had to find a posting that Little Steven made, click on it, and then use the URL for his profile to form the hyperlink.  That probably doesn't alert him, just gives one a link to his profile.  How did you say that was supposed to work again?  Maybe it'd be easier if Little Steven changed his name ... how about Little_Steven ... that should work yes?  Can we change our profile name?

When I click on my profile, the URL has the number "133409" in it ... is that a member number?

Why don't we have a forum folder for "stupid questions" ... and their answers?

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Jeepster47
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Does joining "Q" and "Little" a space, and "Steven" with a hyperlink really work?  Let's see @Little Steven  Hmmm that didn't work very easily ... had to find a posting that Little Steven made, click on it, and then use the URL for his profile to form the hyperlink.  That probably doesn't alert him, just gives one a link to his profile.
    Interesting ... that process didn't work at all.  The @Little process had priority over the hyperlink ... as I'm writing this, the hyperlink shows up for Little Steven, but when it goes through the posting process the @Little is all that shows.

• FarmerTom
    Options

Jeepster47  Thank you for posing those questions.  I have wondered the same things.  For some time I wanted to know if clicking "Flag" just saved it for me, or did it do something else. Apparently something else.  I even posted a question similar to yours to the member who posted the Rules and Regulations or whatever they are called.  Been a few weeks now, guess he doesn;t know either. :x :x

Tommy 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    @Little Steven‌ does that work for notifications?
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Some websites seem to be blocked as determined by the infinite wisdom of the mods. Don't worry about it. Work around it.

And don't worry about trying to mention LS in a thread since nobody has quite figured out how to send notifications to folks who have spaces in their handles, like Cen-Tex etc. Have you seen how many posts LS has? he'll read the thread anyways, whether you notify him or not (I still love ya, LS).

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    My phone does the prediction when I start a notification and that's how it comes up for little Steven. Didnt know if it really works or not.
  • Jeepster47
    Options
    Lit said:
    My phone does the prediction when I start a notification and that's how it comes up for little Steven. Didnt know if it really works or not.
    Doesn't seem to work ...

Did figure out how to find someone's profile quickly.  Simply type www.eggheadforum.com/profile/ ... then add their screen name and press enter ... don't worry about capitals.  So, for Steven, it'd be www.eggheadforum.com/profile/LiTtLe StEvEn ...

Still don't know what the numbers are when entering the profile off a hot link.

• Jeepster47
    Options
    caliking said:

Some websites seem to be blocked as determined by the infinite wisdom of the mods. Don't worry about it. Work around it. ...

What's the best work around?  Your post on the "Black Friday" had the website hot link, but I couldn't get it to post with that link in it.