Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey breast

Options
I haven't posted in awhile but here is a turkey breast cooking. 350 raised indirect. .no idea how long it will take but I have plenty of beer!

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    My bone in breasts usually take 60-90 minutes @ 350 indirect.  When they are 160F by thermapen in thick part of breast I pull.
  • ktm101
    ktm101 Posts: 61
    Options
    Thanks Richard, I was thinking around that but wasn't sure. I am at 125 now with my thermapen and that is 50 mins in.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,663
    Options
    That looks great hoss! I haven't done a turkey breast since last winter. Yours makes me wanna go find one.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    This looks GREAT!!!
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looking good!! Standing by for the finish.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ktm101
    Options
    My bad, sorry guys I let you down because I forgot to take finished pics!!!  It's been crazy here at work so my brain is a little fried.  I pulled it at 160 in the middle and let it rest for about 15 mins and it was awesome!! Thanks for all the comments!!
  • ktm101
    Options
    I also had some carrots, potatoes, and a few sweet potatoes in the pan underneath with a little olive oil and s/p but they weren't as good as I thought they would be.  Probably wouldn't do them like that again.  I thought they would be great with the turkey juices dripping in....
  • KingtUT
    KingtUT Posts: 157
    Options
    So you ask about the time it takes to cook the turkey and then you cook a turkey without telling your own timing results? All I get is 125 at 50 minutes? As they say on sportscenter....C'mon man!
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    KingtUT said:
    So you ask about the time it takes to cook the turkey and then you cook a turkey without telling your own timing results? All I get is 125 at 50 minutes? As they say on sportscenter....C'mon man!
    You didn't read his post right to the end...."I have plenty of beer"..Happy Thanksgiving.. :-c
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • ktm101
    Options
    @kingUT haha! Yep that's how it went! Sorry for the let down! Happy thanksgiving!
  • KingtUT
    KingtUT Posts: 157
    edited November 2014
    Options
    It's all good. Have a happy Thanksgiving. Just never make that mistake again! I'm trying to get everyone on board with my 3T's system of posting....Temp, Time, Technique, wishful thinking I know. Happy Holidays and good luck eggin.