Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Shoulder Clod on the LBGE?

Options

Has anyone attempted this? Growing up in TX I ate Clod. Just joined Restaurant Depot and saw that they carry them.

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Yep, I like it to make pulled beef.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • MoJack
    MoJack Posts: 23
    Options
    I've been frustrated with briskets hanging over the plate setter. I think the shape of the clod is better suited for a LBGE.
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
    I have done beef clod many times for pulled beef . its great

Also you can put something underneath the brisket so it does not hang over the plate setter .
    Toronto
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    @MoJack, or invest in an adjustable rig with the oval stone. 
    great investment. 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I have cooked many clods before. I usually do not use the egg though. Why? I have the large BGE and it will not accomodate a full intact clod. However clod can be purchased separated or it can separated into 3 individual heads by the buyer. But then you are cooking only part of a clod. I prefer to cook whole unseperated clods in the 30 pound arena. Hence, I do not use the egg.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.