Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Been awhile since we did steak....

Options
....bought a couple NY Strip Roasts and cut our own.  Got interrupted the intended night and had to bag the rubbed steaks.  Thought they might be too strong, but did not taste any difference.

Salad and potato sides.  The beer pick is home brew my SIL produces.  Good stuff with a hint of orange.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Aside from all those cucumbers, looks great!
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Looks good from here. That homebrew sounds good too. Can't argue with a good steak.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Steak night, one of my favorites. Looks great.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Awesome looking spread Doc =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    Nice, Doc.  Just ordered a whole loin from the butcher.   Doing 16 of those bad boys on Wednesday.  Going to sear then roast.  Hope I don't mess it up!
    Milton, GA.
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Great looking meal, I couldn't help but notice the labeling and such on the homebrew, too cool.
    :-bd
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited November 2014
    Options
    anton said:
    Great looking meal, I couldn't help but notice the labeling and such on the homebrew, too cool.
    :-bd
    The label states the name of the brew; Off the Wall.  The top of the label says Chicken Kitchen which is what they call their "brewery", and on a side you cannot see it says "What was that noise?  Crud.  Truer words have never been spoken by a homebrewer.  Enjoy the light, refreshing reminder of my Florida roots while I clean the rest of it off the wall".

Commemorates an early beer explosion.

He makes pilsner, stout, and ales.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Everybody's lunch tomorrow.  Thinly sliced cold steak over salad with Italian dressing.