Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TRex Filet Mignon

Options
So, I've had my LBGE for 2 weeks now and I've done 6-7 "alleged" cooks (no pics) while awaiting the coveted promotion from applicant to member. In the meantime, I've been lurking on the forum and I'm very impressed with the willingness to share and help and the general sense of community here. Without further ado, here is my first official cook. Set up: Direct Fuel: FOGO Smoke: none image I don't have a CI grid as yet, so "dance with who brung ya." I used a skillet. My sorry Labrador was cruisin' for scraps. (unsuccessfully). image I picked these up at the local butcher and marinaded in Worcestershire sauce and Monterey Steak seasoning for a couple of hours. image Volcano mode image 90 sec on each side image I expected to get more char. Back on the egg @ 400 ish for after 20 min. rest. 5 min each side and we get... image Served with sautéed mushrooms with butter and s&p. That there is what we in the Deep South call "good eatin!"

Comments