Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Max at Eggtoberfest

Options
12346»

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Well said @SGH‌. When I joined I wasn't a well established cook by any stretch. I may have graduated to novice by now but that's only because of this forum. What brings me back is the innovation and experimenting. Well that and giving that Craig guy hell helps. I have learned a lot from you and your offset and lit and his kj's. So I say keep cooking. And sharing.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    FearlessTheEggNoob Posts: 888
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Word of the day: EggSheep
    Gittin' there...
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    SGH said:

I can't believe I missed this thread. I got to get back on my meds and stay on them. When I'm sedated I take the the time to read every post. Most of the time more than once. But for what it's worth, good food is good food no matter what it's cooked on. There are some things that I feel are far more practical and convienant to cook on my egg. On the other hand there are things that I like to cook that just can not be cooked on the egg or are just more practical to be cooked on a larger smoker. I do get the point that this is a "egg forum" first and foremost. But that said my meat hooks has sparked a lot of interest. That would not have been demonstrated if I used just the egg. My point? When I joined the forum I was already a well established cook on offsets and verticals. I wanted to learn more about the egg. I can't help but to believe that there are eggers who want to learn and are interested in other cooking methods just as I was. I may be wrong on this but I also feel that most people are here to see quality food and great recipes no matter what it was cooked on. I personally enjoy seeing pizza cooked on the Blackstone ovens or whole hog on the meat monster or peoria cookers. Heck I have even posted a cook or two that wasn't cooked on the egg. No harm intended. Everyone is just trying to share their cooks and cooking methods. I for one welcome it and enjoy it. That said, I'm bringing Unit 1 online right now!!

A "cook or two"?? =))

Good post! :)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Agree 100% with @SGH‌ and @cazzy‌ on the fact the egg is just another cooking vessel and ultimately we all have the same goal...to put out great food.
    I've got a couple of cooks under my belt. But, even so I'm gonna say I'm at novice status at best. Which is cool. That means there's lots of room for me to improve. :)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Amen brothers!!  I love the egg but cook on whatever device produces the best product.  If I had the coin to purchase a Forno Bravo then you could bet your sweet ass I'd be cranking out pies from it instead of the egg.    

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    just dropped by to see how the purse swinging was going.
    wanna see purse/bag swinging?

canuckland
  • aukerns08
    aukerns08 Posts: 253
    Options
    I used to work for Costco in high school, Costco does a lot of work with local dealers and contractors in their stores for their members.  Most likely the KJ Costco road shows are handled by a dealer located near the Costco having it.  An example would be the HVAC services or car buying services they advertise to members as they walk out.  If you inquire/buy through Costco you're really dealing with a local contractor/dealer and you get a "discount" that Costco negotiates for it's members.
    Large and Mini BGE

Hamilton, VA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
  • bbqlearner
    Options
    discount? I like the sound of that :D

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    So on drink 2 tonight I looked over at her and said guess what comes out on Nov. 1st. She guessed something first that I now forget but her 2nd guess was the mini max. Then I gave her a partial retarded look like how did she remember that and she immediately asked if I had pre-ordered one. Said nope but I'm getting one and she didnt hit me. Woohoo!
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @Lit
    What, you bought another egg? :-O

I'm shocked, from all the comments from everyone else you only talk about other stuff.

Oh, wait, I went and looked back at other prior posts from you. You aren't an egg hater after all. Wow... that was tough. :D

Congrats, looking forward to your review.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    Options
    aukerns08 said:
    I used to work for Costco in high school, Costco does a lot of work with local dealers and contractors in their stores for their members.  Most likely the KJ Costco road shows are handled by a dealer located near the Costco having it.  An example would be the HVAC services or car buying services they advertise to members as they walk out.  If you inquire/buy through Costco you're really dealing with a local contractor/dealer and you get a "discount" that Costco negotiates for it's members.

You also get Costco's renowned complete satisfaction/easy return policy. That said, the VP of KJ was at the Costco Roadshow booth in Vista Ca. Costco so I think the factory has involvement NOT local dealers for a haul-away product such as this. HVAC services are an entirely different deal including local license regs etc. which don't apply here.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Lit said:
    So on drink 2 tonight I looked over at her and said guess what comes out on Nov. 1st. She guessed something first that I now forget but her 2nd guess was the mini max. Then I gave her a partial retarded look like how did she remember that and she immediately asked if I had pre-ordered one. Said nope but I'm getting one and she didnt hit me. Woohoo!

that a boy Lit...

Let us know how it cooks

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options
    SGH said:
    I can't believe I missed this thread. I got to get back on my meds and stay on them. When I'm sedated I take the the time to read every post. Most of the time more than once. But for what it's worth, good food is good food no matter what it's cooked on. There are some things that I feel are far more practical and convienant to cook on my egg. On the other hand there are things that I like to cook that just can not be cooked on the egg or are just more practical to be cooked on a larger smoker. I do get the point that this is a "egg forum" first and foremost. But that said my meat hooks has sparked a lot of interest. That would not have been demonstrated if I used just the egg. My point? When I joined the forum I was already a well established cook on offsets and verticals. I wanted to learn more about the egg. I can't help but to believe that there are eggers who want to learn and are interested in other cooking methods just as I was. I may be wrong on this but I also feel that most people are here to see quality food and great recipes no matter what it was cooked on. I personally enjoy seeing pizza cooked on the Blackstone ovens or whole hog on the meat monster or peoria cookers. Heck I have even posted a cook or two that wasn't cooked on the egg. No harm intended. Everyone is just trying to share their cooks and cooking methods. I for one welcome it and enjoy it. That said, I'm bringing Unit 1 online right now!!

You are 100% correct sir

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI