Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tuesday night Yardbird....

Options
SMITTYtheSMOKER
SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
edited October 2014 in EggHead Forum
Spatchcocked and cooked on a raised grid direct at 400

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

Comments

• QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    Any particular rub used?  It looks great!

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    I think it was a "Rub Co" Barbecue flavored rub.  

Just a paprika based BBQ rub with a little black pepper for pop. 

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    This stuff?

I remember getting one in the rub exchange last year. I can't remember if it was the barbecue or competition blend(I'm pretty sure it was a white label with orange letters or vice versa) but it matched the barbecue's flavor profile. Good stuff. I really liked it on pork chops.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Sign me up coach.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    This stuff? image I remember getting one in the rub exchange last year. I can't remember if it was the barbecue or competition blend(I'm pretty sure it was a white label with orange letters or vice versa) but it matched the barbecue's flavor profile. Good stuff. I really liked it on pork chops.
    That's the one.  The white label is the "Santa Maria" rub.  Garlic, salt, pepper and parsley mix.  Another household favorite, great on veggies and garlic fries.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Fine looking bird my friend. Solid all the way around!! =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.