Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egghead, new poster and new BGE nest build, pic heavy

Options
cactus_darrell
cactus_darrell Posts: 68
edited October 2014 in EGG Table Forum
imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

BGE, Treager LilTex, Terinan 48 SOB, Custom electric smoker, Weber kettle, Weber gas grill, Masterbuilt SS smoker, last but not least UDS

I've never meet a cow I didn't like, with a little salt and pepper.

Amarillo, Texas

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Very creative and impressive!  I love it!
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Nice table. Make sure that you apply a good sealer on the tiles otherwise it will be a pain to maintain...

edited October 2014
    Options

Hi everyone,

I am new to posting and really wasn't ready to upload these pics yet.  Hit the wrong button.! Oh well, this is my build.   I designed, engineered and milled all the materials for this nest.   I finished this with a marine varnish so hopefully it will weather well. The tile top was a real pain, hard to cut a circle in those little glass pieces.  It took me about 10 days start to finish. I have really enjoyed cooking with the BGE.  I have several successful cooks under my belt.  First time I ever cooked steaks at 600 degrees. I guess you can tell I'm from Texas by the bottle opener.

I am having issues posting text to original post. Hence text under a comment post.

cheers,

Cactus darrell

BGE, Treager LilTex, Terinan 48 SOB, Custom electric smoker, Weber kettle, Weber gas grill, Masterbuilt SS smoker, last but not least UDS

Amarillo, Texas

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Very nice. Welcome to the forum. I can see from your arsenal in your signature that youve probably got lots of experience. Looking forward to your future cooks. Once again, welcome.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    That's jonda like what I have in mind. I was thinking of an epoxy pour over the top to seal it up; but then that'd destroy the heat resistance, right?

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Very nice and welcome aboard.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Really like your table- glad to have you aboard.
    Greensboro, NC
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Very nice! Welcome

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Bojangles
    Bojangles Posts: 118
    Options
    Slick build. Welcome.
    Large BGE  |  Blackstone  |  Custom Dísco  |  PolyScience Discovery
    --------------------------------------------
    my Big Green Egg has saved many-a-Sunday that my Miami Dolphins attempted to ruin.
    --------------------------------------------
  • BearQ
    BearQ Posts: 174
    Options
    Very nice. Unique design, I like it.
    Barrie,Ont.,Canada.
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Great work there. I especially like the drawer pulls.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Very nice build. I like the double drawers for accessories. Welcome!

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • ChicagoEgghead20
    Options
    very stylish table, love to see new designs
  • cactus_darrell
    Options

Thank you everyone for taking a look at my Egg table project, I really appreciate all the nice welcomes and comments.  Looking forward to seeing more great tables and cooks.

cheers,

cactus darrell

Amarillo, Texas

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    =D>
    Seattle, WA
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Very nice job on the table and the cooking! Welcome aboard.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @cactus_darrell‌
    Welcome aboard my friend. The food looks friggin fantastic!! The table is a work of art. Solid all around brother Cactus =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Welcome to the cult The table design and craftsmanship are outstanding. Looking forward to more of your cooks and creative ideas
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Very nice. Welcome to the forum. Come to the Salado EggFest March 14th and meet a lot of the forum crew.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Exceptional craftsmanship-eggstremely well thought out.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lilwooty
    lilwooty Posts: 215
    Options
    Nice work.  Approval cat definitely wants to weigh in on this one.

Living Large and XL

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Sweet!! And welcome :)

I would probably hurt myself on those pointy drawer pulls, but I'm clumsy like that. Very slick though.

And dammit but @Mickey beat me to telling you about Salado. Its a real treat. Another Texan in the house!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Excellent table.... Great food as well...Welcome!!!
  • PMG
    PMG Posts: 50
    Options
    Looking good!  Great job!  Like the contrasting color schemes, really sets your Egg Table apart!
  • cactus_darrell
    Options

Again everyone thank you for the nice comments.  This group seems to be quite a collection of fantastic people. Some great wit and funny funny comments. Glad I joined!!

cheers from Texas

cactus darrell

Amarillo, Texas

• logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    That looks like some quality woodworking and quite a collection of Q'n gear.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Really like those drawer handles, nice craftsmanship