Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Yeah, I did it!

Options
2»

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    SGH said:
    @piney‌ Here it is brother pine. http://www.thebgenest.com/
    I'm all in. It's kinda cool being in on the ground floor.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looks cool Zarcon. 

One suggestion I would like to add is a dedicated recipe section so that recipes can be stored in a central location with a standard format.  It would make it easier to search recipes and make sure you get the latest version. That's one thing I think this site lacks.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt - I can make 2 suggestions for you:

1. Post in the recipe section of the forum (which can actually be done here too)
    2. Create a group and call it what you like such as 'SmokeyPitt Recipes'.

With Groups:
    - People can become 'fans' of your group
    - You can add photos, videos, files, and other media to your group
    - Choose the privacy level of what can view/join/comment in your group
    - You can choose to allow anyone as a 'fan' or approve each one.
    - You can broadcast an email to all your fans at one time. For example: announcing a new recipe
    - Each group has its own forum (its a straight forum so no topics can be created. Just discussion)

I am thinking about adding:
    - A Timeline to Groups so you and fans can post to it.
    - A event scheduler where you can schedule parties or any other type of events for your fans.
    - Photo Albums so you can create/upload as many as you want
    - Its own Blogging section

Right now, just letting everyone get 'used' to it.
  • Zarcon
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt - I tell ya what.. IF you really want a dedicated Recipes section without doing one of the 2 options above, I will do it for you. Just let me know.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    We need a politics section so @nolaegghead‌ @sgh and @henapple‌ can debate.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Zarcon
    Options
    @cazzy - I can do that.. seriously.. I can put a debates feature at the website. Of course, the debates can be about anything. I cannot be responsible for the outcome though.
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Not sure if it's on my end, but I'm having trouble loading the site. Seeing that all other sites open fine, I was wondering if it something on the other end?

EDIT - seems to be loading fine now. No errors, just taking awhile to load the pages. All clear.
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Zarcon
    Options
    @fence0407 - Are you getting an error? I just loaded it up fine.
  • tkleager
    tkleager Posts: 539
    Options
    Will there be a sticky function in the forum for posts?  I'm thinking of posts like https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/696662/visual-guide-to-vent-settings that should be at the top of the list for new people to find and not have to post 10 questions about how to set their vents.

There have been a couple others by @henapple that I wish were on the top, but I have to scroll through my bookmarks every time I want to reference them.
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
  • Zarcon
    Options
    @tkleager - Yes there is 'sticky' function in the forums but right now, only Moderators and Admins can make those. I might allow regular members but don't want everyone every new topic a sticky :)
  • CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    VERY COOL!
    I've been frustrated by the organization, or lack thereof of the topics in this forum.

I would love to see "sticky" forum topics for all of the most asked and most discussed basics - the mechanics stuff that new folks always ask and that get re-hashed regularly..
    - Starting the Egg
    - Types of Charcoal
    - Temperature Control
    - Grid height management
    - Smoking Woods - Which ones, when and how

A Tables forum topic too.

I'm sure there are some others.

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • Zarcon
    Options
    CarolinaCrazy- Thank you. Your wish has been granted (kind of). I create forum topics with those specific descriptions you mentioned. They are not 'stickies' but everyone can chime in.
  • Zarcon
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt - I had added a dedicated feature for Recipes complete with an area for ingredients, desctiptions/instructions, photos, and even files you can add for people to download. You can see the one I did at the website.
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options

Signed up and looking forward to wasting may hours there.

I love that you can see whos online at any time.

• Zarcon
    Options
    @hondabbq - Thanks for joining. And yes, seeing who is online is awesome. You can even chat/IM with anyone online but may be a little difficult if you are using a phone :)
  • Zarcon
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @cazzy - I gave in and added a Debates feature too. You can see it in action at the site.

Let the battles begin
    =))
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

How about a "4-beer minimum" group/discussion area. Basically somewhere to click into when the libations are flowing and you're itching to cause trouble on the interwebs :D

Oh, and can bookmarks be organized into folders?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Zarcon said:
    @SmokeyPitt - I had added a dedicated feature for Recipes complete with an area for ingredients, desctiptions/instructions, photos, and even files you can add for people to download. You can see the one I did at the website.
    Awesome man- looks great! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Zarcon
    Options
    @caliking - can you be more specific? There is a forum category for Rants & Raves or do you want something more 'Real-time'? I can do that too.

@SmokeyPitt - Glad you like it :)
  • Zarcon
    Options
    @Caliking - I threw you a 'ShoutBox' on the site you can just let lose after that 6 pack. But beware, everyone can read those posts :)
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    My thoughts:

A) why do we need another forum/social media spot?
    B) I ain't got time or care to learn another forum/blog/whatever to do what I can do here.
    C) Sometimes, we just don't need another widget that does the same thing as the other widget, more or less.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.