Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for Dealer in Maryland who will work with me on warranty issue

Options
My firebox is in 3 pieces. Anyone here in metro Baltimore have any luck working with a dealer on warranty replacement? I went back to my dealer "Kitchen & Company", who told me they don't get involved if it's been over 90 days, "Contact Big Green Egg", was her response. I've emailed K & C Customer Service and waiting for a response.

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Clark's Ace in Ellicott city. Also, report your dealer to the mothership. That's BS.
  • Dcgriller
    Options
    Might be a trip, but the Ace in Burtonsville helped me out with a warranty repair. Good people.
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    Clark's Ace in Ellicott city. Also, report your dealer to the mothership. That's BS.
    I got my medium from them.  They do a good business.   I agree about giving them a call.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • wzup97
    wzup97 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'm headed to Clark's on Monday. Yep, I have emailed K&C and the mothership.
  • Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Clarks is the place.  I bought my egg there, but I use Tri-county Patio and Hearth in Waldorf for my warranty issues.  Not that Clarks did anything wrong, its just I live on the Eastern Shore and my parents live in Waldorf.  Just on a side note, the last claim I made for my fire ring was a bit of a mess.  The distribuator sent my fire ring to Clarks instead of Tri-County a mile up the street.  After talking to the distribator we found the mistake and they had a one to tri-county in about a week.
  • erniemcclain
    Options
    Please call the mother ship and inform them. 

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• Coastalcooker
    Options
    Mothership does not seem to answer e-mails. A phone call handled my gasket problem. We'll see when the firebox finally breaks.
    Cookin' on the coast
    Shellman Bluff, GA
    Medium BGE

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    Calling is more effective than emailing. My one warranty claim was thru Clark's and it was a pleasure. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Eric_KitchenandCo
    Options

Hi – my name is Eric, and I own Kitchen & Company.  I very sorry that one of my co-workers gave you bad info.  Were all embarrassed, but relieved at least that we got you the firebox.  Took me a few days to get approved, so I could post. 

Again, my apologies, however, I’m happy that we were able to get things resolved earlier this week.

I got my large BGE 10 years ago. I switched from a Pits and Spits water smoker, and have never looked back. 

best

eric