Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum Problem

Options
I recently upgraded to the new operating system on my iPhone. Now I can't get my pix to post. Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Been an issue with new release.  You try using Chrome?  I think you should be able to post pics but not delete the thumb.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    No - it is just you! As noted seems to be an iOS8 thing. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    That's correct- try chrome

Right now, Apple is scrambling cause they royally **** the bed. 8.0 has been a disaster, so they quickly put out 8.0.1 and it killed cell service for several people. That has been retracted and they're now working on 8.0.2.

Jobs is rolling over in his grave right now.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I just got the 6, no problems so far...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,676
    Options
    Waiting for 8.999,76 to hit. Linda downloaded 8.0 and nothing but problems on her iPad and iPhone.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @cazzy, I don't think he is rolling over. He's probably haunting Cupertino right now.
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    People love that Apple flava kool-aid... I don't have any issues posting from my Android device.  X_X
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    No Kool- aid just the best computers, dropping the PC's was the best thing I have done.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited September 2014
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    No Kool- aid just the best computers, dropping the PC's was the best thing I have done.
    I don't know if I'd necessarily call them the best. However, they do maintain tight controls over what goes into there products and ensure that they work seamlessly with other Apple products. They have done one of the best marketing jobs for making things you want "necessities" in recent memory. You can by a computer, external storage, phone, media player, tablet, router, and printer and have them work as advertised right out of the box with PnP connectivity. This was genius on Apple's part. Someone that is relatively computer illiterate can spend a premium and have an advanced technological ecosystem available with little to no headache.

I can do all of that with any other system that equals or surpasses the power of the Apple system for much less cost. It just takes a few more keystrokes.

/Full disclosure: I have 1 Mac Mini, 3 MacBooks,  1 MacBookPro, 3 iPhones and too many to count iPods in my family. I am not denegrating them at all.
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    @Eggcelsior I completely understand, I have not tried all PC's but my MacBook Pro and iMac surpass the HP and Sony Viao I had prior to the Mac's. My comment of course is from a novice computer user as I just want it to work fast, I am in sales and don't have time to put something together and figure out how to make them work....I agree there are probably better options depending on someones needs. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited September 2014
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    I don't know if I'd necessarily call them the best. However, they do maintain tight controls over what goes into there products and ensure that they work seamlessly with other Apple products. They have done one of the best marketing jobs for making things you want "necessities" in recent memory. You can by a computer, external storage, phone, media player, tablet, router, and printer and have them work as advertised right out of the box with PnP connectivity. This was genius on Apple's part. Someone that is relatively computer illiterate can spend a premium and have an advanced technological ecosystem available with little to no headache.

I can do all of that with any other system that equals or surpasses the power of the Apple system for much less cost. It just takes a few more keystrokes.

/Full disclosure: I have 1 Mac Mini, 3 MacBooks,  1 MacBookPro, 3 iPhones and too many to count iPods in my family. I am not denegrating them at all.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

The problem PC has against Mac is the same problem that Android has vs iPhone.  Quality control because there are too many manufacturers.  You never know what you're going to get and have to deal with bloatware from the manufacturer and likely will end up with eco parts.  Out the box, iPhone and Mac work better.  With a lil tweaking, Android and PC can surpass their rivals.    Most manufacturers don't go through the lengths and extensive R&D to come close to Apple's build quality.  With that said, on the PC side, the best approach IMO is to build your own system. This is ideal for the geek or someone that can follow simple instructions.

The problem is, not everyone wants to tweak and prefers the out the box experience.  Ultimately, I think Apple needs to be cutting edge again.  They're getting complacent.  The iPhone revolutionized the phone industry.  Now it trails and is barely getting features that Android users have been playing with for years.

Disclosure:  I geek for a living, have a 15" MBP, PC, iPhones, iPads, iPods and Android in my household.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I hear putting the iPhone in the microwave fixes these problems and will charge up the battery at the same time with the IOS8 Wave App

IOS 8 Wave Charging - Microwave Iphone 6 Charging: http://youtu.be/oHwQOqYvZis

Sadly there ARE :-B those rocket scientists out there that have done this and....Poof...all the good smoke is released. :))

http://m.theepochtimes.com/n3/975921-ios-8-wave-iphone-microwave-feature-is-a-hoax/
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL