Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri-Trip Fajitas with Cilantro Lime Rice

Options

While up in the Twin Cities I came across this Tri-Tip at Trader Joes.

Got it back home and decided to try a little tri-tip fajitas. Marinade was juice from 2 limes, 1 orange, some garlic, cumin, cilantro and fajita seasoning. Let it marinate for 3 hours then onto a 400 degree direct egg with little coals so the it was almost like a raised grate. Flipped every couple of minutes. Tri-Tip was coated with Penzy's Fajita seasoning.

Flipped

Flipped Again

Pulled at 126, then let it rest for 15 minutes.

Rested

Since I am trying to watch my glueten allergy I went with steak, veggies, cilantro lime rice (long grain brown rice cooked with a crushed up chicken boulin cube, then once done, stirred in 2 tbsp lime juice and 1 tbs cilantro, spicy refried beans with a tad bit of cheese.

Wife had hers in a flour tortilla shell with everything mixed together and said it was the closest thing to chiptole she has had in awhile. Definitly do this again next time I find a tri-tip.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

Comments