Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket - Finally a good one! (Warning Pic Heavy)

Options
I have been reading quiet a bit on the fantastic brisket cooks on this forum and my first attempt was not that great .. ran out of fuel and also brisket was dry. Decided to give it a second shot. Picked up a packer at the local Wal*Mart. Trimmed it and put it on the LBGE at 11:30pm last night. tried maintaining a temp of around 275 dome and I did see temps hover in the range of 275 to 290. Cooked it straingt through until 11:30am when the maverick ET-732 alarm registered 205 in the fattest part of the point. Probed with my thermapen and found temps ranging from 198 to 207 at various parts of the brisket. Covered it with some butcher paper and then towel and put it in a cooler. Took it out at around 2:30pm and sliced it. This was awesome .. moist, excellent bark and great smoke ring ... finally I have a good one ! Oh yeah .. bigh shout out to Rockwood charcoal .. no aftertaste like the Royal Oak I was using before and there is a lot of lump left after the cook .. some pics!

LBGE & Mini
Orlando, FL

Comments