Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy & Piggy tenderloin

Options
Dizzy rubs and pork tenderloin for dinner. Monday night football!! Yum!imageimageimageimage

Comments

• CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    Try raised direct @ 400 on those bad boys next time and you'll get a lot more caramelization.

Just my 2 cents.

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Thanks man, and your 2 cents are appreciated my friend. I think you're correct. I probably should have did them longer direct.. I did about 7 min. Not raised.
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    Which Dizzy rub did you use? They look pretty good to me!
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a home run to me. Excellent job. The pics look great as well my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• KingtUT
    KingtUT Posts: 157
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I cook pork tenderloins very often and I do mine direct, regular grid level, (only about half the firebox full of coal), 400-425 and I have to say, they come out awesome every time. Lightly charred and juicy every time. I do about 10-15 minutes per side depending on thickness and pull them at 145-150 IT.
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Thanks @SGH‌ and @Grillin_beers‌. I used the DO Red Eye express(coffee/BBQ) and actually my wife swapped up and we did some Chipotle (rub some heat on your meat) BBQ rub. Both were great...