Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Sauce

Options
Mark0525
Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
I just made the Sweet and Sticky Barbecue Sauce.  WOW was it great.  The question 2 questions I have are:  Can I freeze it and how long can I leave it in the fridge?  Thanks guys for all your help.  Mark

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    What's in it? If no fresh herbs or anything like that in there it will keep like any other condiment like ketchup. Months.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Recipe?
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Mark0525
    Options
    I got it off www.adamperrylang.com garlic, onion, green pepper, dark rum, chili powder, black pepper, allspice, ground clove, dark brown sugar, water, ketchup, molasses, yellow mustard, cider vinwgar, hot sauce.  very good easy to make.
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Thanks
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    What Cen-tex smoker said is correct.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • Mark0525
    Options
    Thanks guys.  My first sauce I tried and now it will be the only one I make.  I was afraid of the vinegar but you really don't taste it.  Mark

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    If you use fresh onion and garlic I wouldn't officially tell someone to go longer than 2-3 weeks (but I would hold it for way longer). The small bit of fresh veg will cure quickly in the salt sugar and vinegar so you are very safe to use it like ketchup.

This message is not approved by centex smoker incorporated and we are not liable for people who may get the hot farts from eating a microgram of bad veg if it happens (it won't)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
     This message is not approved by centex smoker incorporated and we are not liable for people who may get the hot farts from eating a microgram of bad veg if it happens (it won't)
    That's' great!!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• B&BKnox
    B&BKnox Posts: 283
    Options
    I made APL's sauce, from his book Serious BBQ and used a hot water bath canning method to extend it's shelf life.  Got 4 pints + from his recipe.  Great sauce and great base sauce to be used in combo with other ingredients. 
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    I gave my groomsmen 5 different types of bbq sauce as part of their grooms gifts. Since I didn't know how fast they would go through them I thought I better use a pressure cooker. Found an All American pressure cooker on Craigslist for under $100. It works super slick and is gasketless. I'm guessing it will far out last me and comes in handy when canning. Might be worth looking into
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    APL sauce came out very good when I made it.  Due to make it again.

Garnerville, NY
  • B&BKnox
    B&BKnox Posts: 283
    Options
    yea the batch above I mention was my second.  it is very good.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN