Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody Vape?

Options
13»

Comments

• jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    Options
    ^^^ Rocking it!
    Kemah, TX
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Waiting on the frenzy of legal to die down here in Seattle. I'm smoking at first but may move to vaping. It will be a very occasional thing so we will see.
    Can't wait to get the wife lit for the first time. \:D/
    Seattle, WA
  • jllbms
    Options
    @travisstrick‌ I'm getting there myself! :))
    Kemah, TX
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options

I was just in the vape store with my dad. (hes 66). He was getting his first set up to quit smoking. He straight up asked the lady behind the desk where da bud at? I chastised him for breaking etiquette. I think he is losing his mind in his old age. Silly old people.

Need to do this for my pop who is 62. Guy has been smoking his whole life. I want to see if he will give it a try, I am 1200 miles away though.
    Seattle, WA
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

Glad to here all the success stories. I was real hesitant to ask, been thinking about asking for awhile and the bourbon finally kicked in the other day. I don't know about long term effects. Who does since its still pretty new? But I figure its a step in the right direction and with only four ingredients (propylene glycol (which is in my inhaler), vegetable glycerine, nicotine and flavoring) its gotta be better than the cajillion ingredients in a cigarette. Already, I've notice that I don't have shortness of breath, I use my inhaler less, I don't wheeze and the cig cough is gone. Not to mention I spend less. So all in all in my book that is a plus. Dropped from 16 or 18 (can't member which) down to 6 mg of nicotine since April. Goal is to be off it all by December. But still enjoy it. Dual micro coils kicking at 0.6 ohms.

Went to visit a buddy that bartends at a local bar tonight (can still smoke in bars in Richardson) and grabbed some dinner and a few pints. Guy sitting next to me sparked up a conversation. Said "you are blowing clouds of smoke but I don't mind. Doesn't smell like crap. Actually smells kinda good. And it's just water vapor, right? " Seems like he kinda knew what he was talking about.

More power to the people who were able to quit cold turkey. Wish I could have, but I got what some brainiacs call an addictive personality (actual diagnosis by 3 separate doctors) but I'm feeling good and think I can kick it all the way by December. Thanks for all the comments. I feel like you are all like a support group and family with out all the bull$hit family stuff that sometimes goes along with that. 'Preciate all you do for me and everybody else out there. Signing off now before this becomes some kinda touchy, feely, cryfest. Night y'all.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• jllbms
    Options
    @Griffin‌ Bravo! We all have addictive personalities in this bunch. 0.6 really? Dripping atomizer?
    Kemah, TX
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    edited July 2014
    Options
    jllbms said:

@Griffin‌ Bravo! We all have addictive personalities in this bunch. 0.6 really? Dripping atomizer?

Was building them at .2-.3 but was killing my batteries plus can be a little dangerous but I could never get the taste I was looking for in a tank.

Dripping atty can be a pain but 100% better taste for me

Using a Galileo mod with a trident clone works well for me without the throat hit I was afraid I might go back to cigs. That said I can't believe how freaking nasty cigs taste now. I'll have one or two a year if my battery dies but that's about it
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • Griffin
    Options
    Nemesis Mech Mod (clone) and a IGO-W rebuildable dripping atomizer. 50/50 pg/vg

Rowlett, Texas

• llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options
    I use straight vg just dont care for the pg much plus with my low ohm build its harsh
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Nemesis Mech Mod (clone) and a IGO-W rebuildable dripping atomizer. 50/50 pg/vg
    Is this a Star Wars command or what?

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Went out to look for a new car this morning. Chat the sales guy up first about the vape kit he had in his desk. Nice guy and he turned me in to a place right around the corner that I didn't know about. Picked up a starter kit for $50...seems cool so far.
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Okay...yall need a lil patience with shipping from this site, but you won't beat their prices. Shops buy from here in bulk.

http://www.fasttech.com

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Deckhand
    Deckhand Posts: 318
    Options
    My girlfriend traded cigs. for e-cigs. several months ago.  Her car no longer smells like an ash tray.
  • Griffin
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Okay...yall need a lil patience with shipping from this site, but you won't beat their prices. Shops buy from here in bulk. http://www.fasttech.com
    You mean SlowTech? My first two orders arrived in 6 business days. Not too bad considering its China. My latest order shipped on July 11. Still waiting... I-)

Rowlett, Texas

• Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Weird, I just found a book by Ginger Booth, who normally writes gardening books, about vaping. She has plans for two more books. I just grabbed this and am halfway through and it's pretty good info for those just starting out. http://www.amazon.com/E-Cigarettes-101-How-Start-Vaping-ebook/dp/B00LXG8BBU The price is due to increase tomorrow according to her email, so that's why I am posting this before I finish reading the book.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Tjcoley said:
    The interesting side effect of the patches was very, very vivid dreams.  Like being on acid (or so I'm told).  Lots of colors, very wierd stuff, and I remembered them every morning. 

off to buy some nic patches :D
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • henapple
    Options
    I did the patch years ago...fun. Loved going to sleep.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Griffin has an addictive personality.

Son, were going to have to check those bookmarks...
  • henapple
    Options
    Any good cigar vapes?
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I was just in the vape store with my dad. (hes 66). He was getting his first set up to quit smoking. He straight up asked the lady behind the desk where da bud at? I chastised him for breaking etiquette. I think he is losing his mind in his old age. Silly old people.

I know what you are saying. You should never end a sentence with a preposition. I'm glad you corrected him. It should be "where da bud at bro" or in this case "ho" since she was a lady.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

I know what you are saying. You should never end a sentence with a preposition. I'm glad you corrected him. It should be "where da bud at bro" or in this case "ho" since she was a lady.
    "Yo, Sampson, where be da bud?" would work too. Sampsonia if gentler persuasion. 
  • henapple
    Options
    Or the classic. ..weed biatch?
  • kdub
    kdub Posts: 8
    Options
    been vaping about a year now, running 3 vamos and a Neptune drip, love it, although I'm still spending about the same amount of money because when I go in to buy coils, I have to have another flavor of juice. agree 100 percent on the odor from smokers, not to be hypocritical, but you can sure tell.
  • Griffin
    Options

Big fan of Grimm Green.

My setup today at work. Got a Russian 91% on my MVP2 (what I usually carry to work and around town) and my 4Nine with a Tobh atty running in 18350 mode. I don't usually bring mech mods to work because they are messy and can't vape discreetly at my desk, but my tank was running low, I'm out of that flavor juice and honestly because I didn't want to drain it, clean it and rewick it last night. Excuse the messy desk.

Rowlett, Texas