Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Snail II

Options
Made another one tonight.  Gave most of the first one away, and no family was around.  This one will provide lunch for Daughter #1 who will be home tonight.

A lot more stuffing than the first, which balance the bread to stuffing better.  This is a whole pizza on one plate so it is a big meal.  You eat it by cutting around the spiral.  This would be fun for a meal for two, but it is actually enough for more than that.  Maybe with experience I will be able to make tighter rolls to make smaller snails.

Better pics this time.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Do you roll it then twist it?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    That's impressive Doc!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Used my hands to make a long dough roll.  Use a roller to flatten it, then filled it, then used my hands to....overlap and create the roll, then made the snail.  Cooks just like a pizza, but that is a lot of food in a compact package.  I think I will try making halfsies of it next time.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• stevethegreat
    Options
    Jeremiah said:

Do you roll it then twist it?

Sounds like dance moves..then you wiggle and shake it out

@Doc_Eggerton‌ That's a good looking pizza thing!
    Steve
    Outside of Appleton, WI - MBGE, LBGE
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I'm liking this pizza thingy. Good start with creativity coming.

How about slicing the role in 1-2inch thick and egg bake them like cinnamon rolls? Topped with freshly grated parmesan and basil, or with an egg.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    I'm liking this pizza thingy. Good start with creativity coming. How about slicing the role in 1-2inch thick and egg bake them like cinnamon rolls?
    At least as my learning curve is going, they are too thick to make bun sized ones, but you could just do individual loafs.  That plate sized roll you see has all the ingrediants of a full sized pizza.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Thinking maybe roll out the dough, cut it in half along the length, and make smaller tighter rolls. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    That's freaking sick! =D> Love it! Trend setter? Nice job man @Doc_Eggerton‌
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited July 2014
    Options
    That looks awesome Doc.  I think you should name it Pizza Jojo. This is Jojo. image

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.