Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's wrong with this picture?

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
Just saw this happen.
imageimage
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I saw that once. Scary.
  • ponder
    ponder Posts: 77
    Options
    Overexposed?
    Bloomington Springs, TN... LBGE, charcuterie, winemaker, cheesemaker, experimental plumber and approximate carpenter. Selective misanthrope and budding retrophrenologist.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Ungh! I want a wagon like that so bad!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    OK, I'll bite.  Looks like they just forgot to put the pump back, and tried to drive off.  But how did the hose end up in the back?  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot on this one.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Maybe they have a pump at home that they needed the hose for??

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Too lazy/rushed to turn around and put the gas cap towards the pump?  

(tip for those of you who get rental cars often: most (but not all) auto makes put a small arrow next to the gas pump symbol on the gas gauge in the car, so you can pull up to a pump correctly right before your flight home).  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• DMW
    Options
    They drove off. We were leaving the gas station and had to do a u turn to get where we were going. Saw a car driving with the hose hanging out. Saw the pump without the hose and pulled in to let them know. Gas was spraying out. I hit the emergency stop button. A few minutes later she pulls in with the hose tucked in the back.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • stevethegreat
    Options
    @Botch‌ I just learned about that a year ago and it blew my mind
    Steve
    Outside of Appleton, WI - MBGE, LBGE
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    I pulled a hose off when I was in college. no gas spills though, thank goodness. 

lucky you were there to hit the shut off. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • DMW
    Options
    @Botch good tip, been there done that.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Those are designed to break away for incident s just like that. Covered by your auto insurance. I know because a friend did that a long time ago.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    What's wrong is the $4.05/gallon- don't blame her for taking the hose
    Greensboro, NC
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    You have to be fairly self absorbed to both drive off with one of these still in your car and get far enough away to where you need to stuff it in the back of your car and turn around. I assume she was talking on her cell.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Holepuncher
    Holepuncher Posts: 388
    Options
    Better this than people leaving their kids in a hot car.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Not to get side tracked here but how the hell do you leave your kid in the car??? I just can't imagine.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Yep- special place in hell for that couple from Georgia. I'd put their ass in an oven and see how they like it. Make it a big oven and put the child molesters in there too
    Greensboro, NC
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I agree @Wolfpack‌.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Epic fail! 8-}
    Wish you had a motion video on that one. Would make for a good YouTube video. :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @DMW‌ I'd say the shoe fits for a description of»»» here's your sign. :))

Bill Engvall - Here's Your Sign (Video): http://youtu.be/p5ZkdHImCuQ
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Most gas stations in Ontario (not sure about the rest of Canada) do not have the little lever on the pump handle that let's you walk away from the car while fueling. It can be a pita but, it does help avoid this sort of thing from happening.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Don't know about driving off with a gas hose but yeas ago, I drove off with a drive-in movie speaker still attached.   I didn't get too far because it yanked out the driver's side window.    That was a tough one to explain to my father - it was his car.

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • Hairless_Hand
    Options
    This happens too often at the gas station near my house. Lots of soccer moms living out here in the suburbs get back in their cars to stay warm during the winter time. During the winter there are always 4-5 pulled off. I literally have to look at the pumps to be sure there is a hose before I park.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Most stations around me have break-away hoses the connect at the top of the pump. If you accidentally drive away, the hose is saved along with your gas tank and no fuel is lost. Maybe it's a Maryland thing or just at newer stations. I tend to only frequent the newer places since they typically have diesel.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    When cellphones were still known as carphones, I worked at a gas station taking care of the full-serve (remember full-serve?).  I watched a lady on her carphone so engrossed in her conversation that she took out one of my pumps.  I hit the emergency stop so fast that I'm not sure the gas on the ground ran out of the demolished pump or we had a leak.
    Flint, Michigan