Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless Pork Chops

Options
jshillin
jshillin Posts: 42
edited June 2014 in EggHead Forum
Tonight was some of the best pork chops I ever made. I brined them for about 3 hours.  Dried them and then stuck them in the fridge uncovered for an hour or so.  Lightly coated them with some olive oil, seasoned them with some Tsunami Spin.  Set the BGE up indirect at about 350 and then glazed it before reverse searing at 650. Also grilled some zucchini and cut a fresh tomato from the garden.

Comments

• Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    Pretty work!
    GWN
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Nice looking plate.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • HogHeaven
    HogHeaven Posts: 326
    Options
    Your chops look delicious... Good job. This is by far the best pork chops I have ever had in my life and probably my favorite thing I cook on my large BGE. When I'm having really special guest over for dinner I always serve these and it always blows them away. On you BGE it is a direct cook at the fire ring level. No plate setter. When you make your marinade save a third of it before you you start your marinade process. You'll need that to baste the chops at the end of the cook. Don't use your marinade sauce for basting it could be contaminated. If you try it... Let me know what you think. I've found this recipe on allspice's website a few years ago and now it is my go to marinade, even for chicken thighs... Without the mustard sauce for dipping. Now I see bobby flay says it's his favorite thing to grill. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-mongolian-pork-chops/detail.aspx
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks outstanding my friend! =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.