Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

In Its New Home

Options
CTMike
CTMike Posts: 3,258
I disassembled and cleaned up the XL, fixed the issue I was having with the dome crabbing sideways while closing, and put everything back together in the table I picked up yesterday at New England Eggfest VII. It is currently heating up to cook off the remnants of last nights cook, and then a couple of naked fatties will be going on to re-christen her.
MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    :-bd - Looking forward to seeing what you turn out on that!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Looks great and love the view while Egging..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Options
    Good looking set-up.  :)>-

Opelika, Alabama
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,795
    Options
    Nicely done sir! =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I'm having the same issue with the hinge- what did you do to fix?
    Greensboro, NC
  • CTMike
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    I'm having the same issue with the hinge- what did you do to fix?

@Wolfpack I bought the XL used off Craigslist, and I noticed that the previous owner hadn't tightened the upper band correctly (ie: bolt wasn't bent). Also the bands weren't perfectly aligned so I fixed that. I also loosened up the connecting bolts on the spring hinges so that they could rotate more freely. All of these in combination fixed the crabbing issue. Hope this helps.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Nice table! And fantastic view of the pool and hot tub. Enjoy :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • CTMike
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Thanks Husker. Sadly the hot tub is empty because my general contractor (putting on a huge addition) found the buried conduit/power lines to the hot tub with his backhoe, even though I pointed out where they were.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.