Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ready to fire up!

Options
Got the XL home and put together. Neighbors now are going to look at getting one. May do a simple steak and veggies on it tonight to break it in.
XL BGE Metairie, La

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Be sure you burp it! Oh, and take pictures
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Enjoy; and, welcome to the lifestyle!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Ohhh lookout, good times ahead! Welcome. Let us know how it goes. Remember, lump in the BGE burns a long time. Just relax, get it stable and let the VOC's burn off before putting the food on. Enjoy the moment.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    You can start your new Egg up with that little brunette!
  • Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Options
    Welcome and enjoy, it will change your life! Don't forget to marinate the Chef!
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,432
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    Welcome Aboard!!  Enjoy!!
    Santa Paula, CA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Swamppro‌
    Congratulations on the XLarge. That was a wise decision that you will not regret. The bigger the better my friend! Can't wait to see your cooks!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Swamppro
    Swamppro Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks all. Gonna fire it up tomorrow. Getting ready to storm here.
    XL BGE Metairie, La