Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple Food. Salmon and Sausage.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Still a little under the weather so keeping it easy again tonight. A few salmon fillets and a little sausage.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• SGH
    Options
    Not sure why this pic didn't post.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• marysvilleegger
    Options
    Looks good. Can't wait to try some salmon. Just got some cedar planks from the in laws for Father's Day.
  • SGH
    Options
    @marysvilleegger‌
    Thank you for the kind words. Cedar smoked salmon is awesome. You will love it. Again thanks.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Salmon is done.

imageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    @sgh awesome looking smoker- do you get the char taste from the cedar planks? How does it compare to direct? Guess we could replicate going indirect?
    Greensboro, NC
  • SGH
    Options
    Ready to eat.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Wolfpack‌
    I do mine a little different. I cook them on the cedar planks in the vertical smoker between 400-425 degrees for just a couple of minutes then I choke down the smoker and let the cedar planks smolder a little. I leave the exhaust all the way open to combat soot and bitterness.

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @SGH‌ offset?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Looks good- will have to see if I can try similar way. Like to try new ways to cook salmon
    Greensboro, NC
  • SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    This one is not. It's a vertical reverse flow cabinet. It's the first one I have ever owned and I'm very fond of cooking on it. It's much easier to raise and lower the temps on it vs my offsets. It's kind of like the egg it's real easy to use just much larger. I high recommend them to anyone looking to expand their arsenal.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Here it is.
    imageimage

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Nice! @SGH‌
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Great looking Salmon my friend... Enjoy!!
  • SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌ @anzyegg‌
    Thank you for the kind words my friends.

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    You say simple food, I say where's mine? That looks great.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Kind words my ass! That's a bad ass vertical period. ;-) @SGH‌ :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Options
    @DMW‌
    Brother you are more than welcome at my humble abode anytime. That's a open invitation so come on by!!
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Thanks my friend. I'm pretty fond of it.

Status- Standing by.

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    @SGH - that's a really nice smoker. I would love to have one of those but my lovely bride would make me shed some eggs to do it. I'm just getting the hang of my different sizes so I'm afraid I'm going to have to hold off for about 10 years or so...
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • SGH
    Options
    @minniemoh‌
    Thank you for the kind words my friend. If it makes you feel any better I was 89 when I got this one. Some one other than me will be the one to wear it out.

Status- Standing by.

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    SGH said:
    @minniemoh‌ Thank you for the kind words my friend. If it makes you feel any better I was 89 when I got this one. Some one other than me will be the one to wear it out.
    With all due respect, we've got a lot to learn from you... Thank you for all of your contributions to this forum.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • SGH
    Options
    @minniemoh‌
    You are to kind my friend. It is my hope that I have gave advice that has helped people. I know we all can't agree on every thing but I do try to offer tried and true tips that have worked for me thru the years. Again thank you.

Status- Standing by.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

Damn!!! That thing is nice. :x

Good looking food. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SGH
    Options
    @Griffin‌
    Thank you brother. I appreciate the kind words.

Status- Standing by.

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    Nice piece of kit. I keep staring at these uprights to replace my off-set. And you use it to its best advantage.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• nick_banich
    nick_banich Posts: 110
    Options
    How many times can you use a plank?
    -Large BGE since 6-13
    -Indianapolis, IN

• SGH
    Options
    @HDumptyEsq‌ They are far more user friendly than the offsets. Makes life much easier.
    @nick_banich‌ I just use them one time. You certainly could use them 3 or more times but I'm to lazy to wash them.
    I thank you both for the kind words my friends.

Status- Standing by.

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    @SGH Are you seriously 89? And still grilling/smoking/Q-ing? My hat is off to you, sir...thank you for continuing to share your wisdom with us. Now, just how many people were you cooking for? That seems like a whole lot of salmon and sausage. Cooking for a crowd, planned leftovers, or just a really big appetite? Your salmon looks awesome! What kind of seasoning did you use? What kind of sausage - that looks yummy, too!
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    Absolutely serious. I'm slow but I still get around pretty good. I was cooking for 4 people, myself my wife my son and my daughter in law. The salmon has a very light sprinkle of Old Bay on it then a heavy sprinkle of Tony Chacheries. The sausage is D/D brand. It's about my favorite sausages.
    Thank you as well for your kind words my friend.

Status- Standing by.