Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Short Ribs

Options
Had a bit of time the other day so threw some short ribs on the LBGE. 

I think I do prefer these braised as opposed to grilled/smoked, but they are still mighty tasty. 

Grilled @ 250 indirect with pecan and cherry wood. Dizzy Pig Raising the steaks. 

Louisianian by birth, Louisianian by death. Austinite for now...

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @apinion‌
    Brother they look fantastic from where I'm sitting. Excellent job my friend. =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @apinion‌
    Just curious have you ever tried them raised direct? Gives them more of a steak like taste in my opinion. I love them!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• apinion
    apinion Posts: 470
    Options
    The taste was excellent.  I think I just have always liked the slow braised.  Guess I'll have to try it a few more times....you know, for a definitive answer.  8-X
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Looks great. Have some thawing in the fridge right now.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    I've been in the mood for beef ribs.

How long? What temp do you pull them?
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • apinion
    Options
    I treat them like brisket. When the temp probe slides like butter, you're on the money.
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    apinion said:
    I treat them like brisket. When the temp probe slides like butter, you're on the money.
    200 ish?
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • apinion
    Options
    Yuppers.