Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Making plain grilled chicken better

Options
Big_Green_Craig
Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
edited May 2014 in EggHead Forum
I've been experimenting with ways to make grilled chicken more interesting. I think I found a winner! I butterflied chicken breasts longways. layers prosciutto & sliced avocados, then rolled them up. I think it makes for a pretty impressive plating and they were delicious! imageimageimageimage

Comments

• NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    Options
    Beautiful! 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • SenorHuevo
    SenorHuevo Posts: 40
    Options
    That's really interesting!  How does the avocado hold up to the heat?  From my experience, avocado does not respond that well to being cooked (except of course for the deep fried avocado method), but the color looks right, how was the texture?

This would be interesting with pork tenderloin too....
    I will never cook inside again.
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    That's really interesting!  How does the avocado hold up to the heat?  From my experience, avocado does not respond that well to being cooked (except of course for the deep fried avocado method), but the color looks right, how was the texture?

This would be interesting with pork tenderloin too....
    I cooked direct at 400F. The avocado held up better than expected! It was smooth and creamy like it should be. It was delicious and yes, it probably would be great on a pork tenderloin.