Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Ribs! Turbo FANTASTICO!!

Options
Greetings friends

Ribs have always been my nemisis. Until they went on sale $10 a rack for the beef backs...

I rubbed with s, p, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, and paprika. Dry, in for three hours as the BGE slowly crept from 225 to 350. Raised indirect with a beer pan and mesquite and cherry chips over Rockwood. Flipped them once for an hour and shut the Egg back to 300. Sauced and done.

I was nervous they were over done. Since I was really turboing through this cook I only took one pic. The meat pulled WELL BACK as you can tell, but was very slightly crunchy on the outside, slight tug tender on the insde. Easily the best rib result I've ever gotten.

I gave the rack away but grabbed one rib for myself. Food always tastes better when you cook for others and they enjoy it. Thanks for all the support here gang.

8-Damien

Pics won't post for some reason...

Oh wait here we goooo... Maaaybe... Perhaps.... Possibly...
Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments