Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jidori chicken

Options
CPARKTX
CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
I saw this on the menu at a restaurant last night, and having never heard if it looked it up. Anyone have any experience?

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1984579/

LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited April 2014
    Options
    = $20 a lb. for chicken????? Was in both CM and WF yesterday in Austin, missed it.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I had it out in LA at Drago Centro last year. It's awesome but not like the "kobe beef" of chicken. It's essentially boutique raised in people's back yard right in downtown LA. I did a takeoff of the recipe I had and it was just as good (or at least very close) with regular store bought chicken.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    Its good and the best part is the Huntley Hotel is they uses and EGG for special events.  The old head cheff "Seth" is a BGE fan and has one himself.  Maybe he will chime in. I hope to visit him in Austin one of these days.  
    Hermosa Beach CA