Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Comment Approval ??

Options
Replied to TonyA's "Nut Smoke Allergy" topic and after I hit the post comment box, a message flashed across the bottom of the page that said " your comment will be posted after it is approved ?? Anyone else see this ???

Opelika, Alabama

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Yeah, it happens when I am quoting people on occasion.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Happens to me whenever I try to post in the old version of IE we have to have on our work laptops.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Options
    Yeah, it happens when I am quoting people on occasion.
    Thx...just making sure I didn't "break any rule".

Opelika, Alabama
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    what Eggcelsior said - and besides it never gets approved!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Egglegal_Alien
    Options
    It only happens to me when I include a link in my comment... if that's the case, substituting the "." in dot com for the word "dot" usually fixes it.
    XL BGE + Large BGE @ Monterrey, Mexico
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    RRP said:
    Now when I quote people, I will copy the text just in case for long posts. IF it messes up, I just paste with the "@ so and so" notification.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    RRP said:
    Which means you'll need to reenter and post your comment again.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    I'm the approver.  I'll get right on it.

:)
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options

It seems that if you bracket a quote or link it will go through.

(http://www.khanapakana.com/163/cuisine/indian-recipes)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    (what Eggcelsior said - and besides it never gets approved!)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Options

Thanks you sir...I need all the help I can get !!

Opelika, Alabama
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options

Are you really the aprover?  I have had this happen to me on several occasions and the posts never get approved. I have asked numerous times on the forum about this and no one has ever said they were the approver.  I also have found I get this message when I try and post a link - not every time, though.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • Little Steven
    Options
    If you are in IE bracketing a quote or link will work. See reply above

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    Just happened to me. This drives me nuts. Tried to quote someone else and... Got the Heisman.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    edited April 2014
    Options
    write to @sumoconnell since he said he was the approver.  I'm not sure he really is, but he said that in a post.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Shiff said:
    write to @sumoconnell since he said he was the approver.  I'm not sure he really is, but he said that in a post.
    He followed up that statement with a little sarcastic smiley-face.   There is no approver, this system is completely automated.  There are computer glitches that give you messages about your post needing approval, but it's complete BS.  This post will immediately be "approved".  11:48 CST.
    Options
    It seems to only happen after you have typed a really long comment, just so it can pi$$ you off.  It makes me sad to think of all the meals that would have been so much better if the person had that nugget of expert advice I was trying to give.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    It seems to only happen after you have typed a really long comment, just so it can pi$$ you off.  It makes me sad to think of all the meals that would have been so much better if the person had that nugget of expert advice I was trying to give.  
    A "nugget" implies a much shorter comment. I believe that "gold mine" would be a more apt description on your expert advice in so far as it requires something more than a few words to be properly shared. 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.