Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

removing egg shells

Options
still testing my egg no cover theory
;)

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I noticed you have what looks to be a half dollar size chip on the top of the dome.  Ouch!!!

How old is this egg?  Are you planning to get a warranty replacement?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    the top chip was a defect in the ceramic, the base i believe was from water seeping into the ceramic and freezing. ive had the base to replace it for a couple years now but wanted to see how far it would go.
    :D
    fukahwee maine

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Does not look like the inner ceramic is cracked, so assume it will still work. I thought the ceramic was one piece, this looks layered with the glaze on the outside. 
    I think it has character, assume it is at the camp. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options

Does not look like the inner ceramic is cracked, so assume it will still work. I thought the ceramic was one piece, this looks layered with the glaze on the outside. 
    I think it has character, assume it is at the camp. 
    it still works, this ones at the house but when i swap out the base its going to a friends camp, im done with it, almost never use the small. its the only one ive ever seen do this
    fukahwee maine