Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Venison Chicken Fried Steak

Options
Beef is going up and bullets are plentiful in my house so looks like more venison in my future. Had some backstrap I have been eyeballing the last two weeks in the freezer and knew I needed it in my belly. The wife made me go for my 6 mile walk before I got to cook tonight and I had the SMU game recorded also so I had to wait. Had my backstrap soaking in buttermilk since noon and and dusted them in flour around 6. To egg stabilized at 370 or so and tossed on my CI skillet with a tad of peanut oil. Cooked them up on the egg while I did green beans and potatoes on the clock in the kitchen (it sucked because it was a warm day and I have a gas stove)

Made cream gravy with the left over grease and had my favorite meal of all time. SMU won and they are heading to the NiT finals. Now wife is doing the dishes and I'm in my food coma. Sorry didn't get pictures of everything cooking I was going full speed and jamming out to some old Waylon and Hank. image

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Sounds like a great night to me. I was listening to jerry Jeff radio on Spotify while grilling and skimming the pool (again). Worse places to be on an 85 degree evening. Love chicken fried backstrap.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Killer meal. You did good. No **** about beef prices - was at Costco today, and the prime brisket that was 2.69/lb a month ago was 3.49/lb today. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Very nice! Mmmm venison (drools). +3 on rising prices. Seeing that here in FL also.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Add some buttermilk biscuits and you've got my "last meal" request.

Great 2nd half last night! Go Ponies
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Love me some CFS! My favorite.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Looks great.  Try coating in mustard and coating in crushed pecans.  Comes out great!
    NOLA
  • RandallB
    RandallB Posts: 67
    Options

Bullets are getting expensive too!

Take the left over fried pieces and warm up for breakfast with a little jelly on top.  Just as good for breakfast on a biscuit.

The backstrap ran through the butcher cuber is tops for frying too.

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    @RandallB‌ did one today with some Tabasco jelly I had. Stuff was awesome.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.