Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled steelhead

Options
Wow I gotta tell ya, the fresh steelhead on the BGE was out of this world. I did a nice rub with paprika, cayan, cluck & squeal, brown sugar. I picked up the SH on the way home, fired up the egg, got the rub on and cooked them hot. The skin was crispy and the SH was mid rare, almost raw on top, but had a beautiful color from the rub. Now I've done salmon and fish many ways, but this was simple and soo tasty. I can't wait for leftovers tomorrow. I think I will make a quick salmon burger with the leftovers!!

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks great my friend. Was your steelhead fresh if you dont mind me asking?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• shadowcaster
    Options
    I just shed a tear for that steelhead!  :(( haha looks like you did a great job, I'm sure it tasted great
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • BGEWITHBILL14
    Options

Thanks for the comments, I need to pay more attention to the forum..  The steelhead was fresh, from the farm. 

I am doing cedar planked salmon tonight, using a spice blend from just cook. When the salmon comes off the egg, I plan on using a goat cheese and dill crumble on top. 

• matt121966
    Options
    I think next day leftovers is the best.
    Toledo, OH

XL BGE (December 2014), 2 burner weber gas