Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado eggfeast and Adjustable Rig

Options

OK, I was sold on getting an Adjustable Rig at the Salado Eggfeast. From the looks of it, and what Tom said the Oval Combo is the best fit for my cooks. I am probably going to get an extra oval grid, and wondering about the foil ring. Is that worth the price or should I just continue using a drip pan?

I like to cook multiple rib racks, briskets, or pork butts when I do a low and slow, figured I might as well take advantage of the opportunity.

I loved the Eggfeast and met lots of great people, but only two bad things. 1) I ate way too much and refuesed to weigh this morning, and 2) It is costing me money! LOL, but I can not wait until next year!

Large, soon to have another size TBD

Comments

• sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226
    Options
    I have and use it a lot! Makes cleaning up very easy.
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I'll do not like the foil ring. I went back to using the .99 cent  9x13 foil pans from the grocery store. personal preference but I don't love the foil ring. 

Get all the grids/extenders, and sliders you can get. you will get them later anyway.

Oh yeah, if you are trying to save money, close your account here and do not come to an eggfest. They are both very bad for the wallet.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • bdollens
    bdollens Posts: 31
    Options

Thanks Everyone. I am excited about the getting the Adjustable Rig. Ordered it at lunch.

The way I look at it, I am single, the only SWMBO I have is my dog, and she loves it when I cook on the egg because I will "accidently" drop something.  :)

My friend warned me before I got my Egg, that it becomes an obsession.

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Single! I remember those days.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• bdollens
    bdollens Posts: 31
    Options
    My AR came in yesterday and even though I have not used it yet, I can already tell I am going to like it! can't wait until this weekend to try it out!

• EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    We've had ours for a week and have already used the heck out of it.  LOVE IT!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.