Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Completed Cypress Table

Options
Just completed a table made from cypress for my large BGE. I've only had the egg for a couple months and don't know how I've gone so long without one. I got the overall design from some others on the forum and it was my first carpentry work I've ever done, so overall I'm pleased with the outcome.

Geaux Tigers!

Comments

• BckPorchGriln
    Options
    Nice work! I like the simple design and choice of wood. Also the hooks on the end will come in handy I'm sure for all the tools. Enjoy!
    Demorest, Ga.    1MBGE
  • Resauers
    Resauers Posts: 40
    Options
    Great work! Looks very clean design.
    Johns Creek, GA - LBGE
  • KingtUT
    KingtUT Posts: 157
    Options
    Very nice.  Did you also use some standard 2x4's around the bottom or are those cedar also?
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    keith2586
    Thats mighty nice friend. You will get years of enjoyment out of that. Great work!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    I'll be glad when I can get started on mine. I have the plans and the lumber list (also ctpress).

Looks good and I hope you have a lot of good food passing over it....

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• TerlinguaGhost
    Options
    That looks great!  I am brand new to this forum and also to the Big Green Egg world.  (So hello everyone!)  I like the design of your table.  I just recently got my large Big Green Egg and am also looking to buy or build a table for it.  I hope mine turns out as good as yours did.  Any guidance from anyone would be appreciated.  Thank you!
  • ellssuu
    ellssuu Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    Options
    keith2586 said:
    Just completed a table made from cypress for my large BGE. I've only had the egg for a couple months and don't know how I've gone so long without one. I got the overall design from some others on the forum and it was my first carpentry work I've ever done, so overall I'm pleased with the outcome.

Geaux Tigers!
    I still like it ;).  Geaux Tigers!
  • r2davis65
    r2davis65 Posts: 148
    Options
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Beautiful
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • PhillyBoy23
    Options
    Very nice. I'm having a buddy help me build a table in the spring.
  • dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Options
    Great table.  Nice work.  Poly the heck out of it or it will be nasty dirty in a year (trust me on this one).
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Great looking table!  Great job!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Outstanding!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    That's the kind of table I want to build when I get my egg or before so don't have the nest sitting around collecting dust. How long did it takes and what was the cost of the material? Nice job by the way.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • keith2586
    Options
    Cost of material was about $350 and it took me about a month working a little bit at a time on the weekends.
  • CajunEggHead
    Options
    Beautiful table good lines and the slab of stone looks real nice also. I do have a question for all members as to how you get to the fire box to clean it under the table, when the firebox is so far back under the table top????? Just asking.........

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
  • Jaime_Doug
    Jaime_Doug Posts: 57
    edited April 2014
    Options

Keith,  ya done good.  I bought  from a BGE Distributor, supposedly the BGE  large Cypress table.for about double what you have in yours!   

edited as I found way to initiate a post! 

sorry to drift your thread there..

Doug/Jaime in Tucker, GA   Could almost walk to BGE Mothership  LBGE