So after I got out of the crosshairs this past weekend ( see BUSTED thread) I took a good look around and it made me realize that maybe she was right. I do have a lot of stuff that I don't use. If I had never bought that stuff I would have the money for the mini that I have been wanting. So I thought I'd share some of those things so maybe it will help some of the newer members.
1. Crappy food probes (the ones that stay in thru out the cook) I bought 2 before I bought the maverick dual probe. One was a Taylor and another no namer
2. Food thermometer. Buy a good one. Thermopens are expensive but I'd buy any thermoworks product before I bought any other piece of junk. Thermo pop looks nice. Stay away from the big green egg thermo made by maverick. Junk!
3. Vertical roaster for chicken. Lets face it. Spatchcock is the only way to go
4. Place setter and pswoo. I actually like those things but I wish I had an AR instead. It seems like a plate setter is a must buy when you first get your egg but then .....
5. Various utensils. I have a huge spatula. Never use it. Some flipper thing. Never used it. Tongs and normal spatula work just fine.
What do you have that you don't use?
Pennsylvania / poconos