Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Egg Control

What is your favorite BGE controller? 

Comments

• DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    I have not yet used a controller just the vent at the bottom and the daisy wheel at the top. Have two butts that have been on since 10p last night and the EGG just keeps chugging along.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • I am a fan of the Stoker

Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 3,177
    Waiting for the famous line.....in 3...2..1
    Seattle, WA
  • I have been a Stoker user for years and I love it. Would not do long cooks without it
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,500
    The Egg comes with 2 controllers - the bottom vent and the Daisy Wheel. For anything above 275 degrees, you only need to use one of them (the bottom vent).   In 2 1/2 years of Egging and plenty of overnight cooks (29 hours the longest) haven't had a need for anything else.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,449
    Flame boss over auber. Haven't tried any others.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 3,900
    Tjcoley said:

The Egg comes with 2 controllers - the bottom vent and the Daisy Wheel. For anything above 275 degrees, you only need to use one of them (the bottom vent).   In 2 1/2 years of Egging and plenty of overnight cooks (29 hours the longest) haven't had a need for anything else.

+1

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• Just used an IQ120 for first time today, first at 250° for ribs and from that to 400° for burgers and brats.  Very impressed, overshot some at beginning but I think that was just my inexperience at lighting the egg for use with a controller.