Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

best herb seasoning for a beef tenderlion

I have read about the drunk and dirty but see alot of bad comments about it. What is a good seasoning/marinade for a small tenderlion
Jefferson .GA.  
Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg
·

Comments

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,527
    I like Montreal Steak Seasoning - with just a little bit of added Kosher Salt if you like things salty (like my SWMBO).

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • In most cases I like to keep beef seasoning simple, salt/pepper/garlic and maybe an herb or two.  Like Foghorn said, Montreal seasoning works good.

Beef tenderloin does have less flavor than other beef cuts so I like to have a Bearnaise sauce on the side or maybe a bourbon mushroom sauce.
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,301
    Cooks Illustrated has a really nice Herb-crusted tenderloin as well a a "Simple" one in which they coat the roast in S&P, and garlic compound butter. 
    ·
  • Puff pastry and duxelles and foie gras

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,515
    I usually use Montreal seasoning with some extra black pepper, and serve with a brandy or red wine/mushroom cream sauce.

My BIL marinades with a mix of equal parts A-1, Worcestershire, and Soy sauce.  It really caramelizes and produces a nice crust, and is actually pretty good.  Can't leave it in the juice too long though or it gets really salty.  Have not done this myself though - I'm not an A-1 guy.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
    ·
  • Probably some of the best beef tenderloin I had was covered in butter and Cavender's seasoning.  Love me some Cavender's!
    LGBE August 2013

Louisville, KY
    ·